Audio problems with Dvd playback

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bigwoof, Jan 8, 2008.

1. bigwoof

bigwoof

hi Guys

I have recently been experiencing a problem with my audio when I playback Dvds. this is the basic layout:

I play the DVD on a sony playstation 2 and the audio is transmitted to my Yamaha receiver (6.1 channel, I forget the model) via an optical cable.

The problem occurs intermittently during playback. I will be watching the show and the audio will partially cut out. I will be able to hear the background audio clearly but the speech becomes difficult to hear.

this does not occur when I remove the optical cable and playback the audio through the amp through the RCA connection to the receiver, however I obviously prefer my movies in surround as opposed to stereo.

I also have a VCR and nintendo wii hooked to the receiver via RCA and have not experienced any problems.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

bigwoof, Jan 8, 2008
  2. bigwoof

Tenson Moderator

Could the optical cable (or socket on the equipment) be a little dodgey?

Tenson, Jan 8, 2008
  3. bigwoof

rollo

Sounds like a connection issue or broken cable. Try another connection[RCA] and another optical

rollo

rollo, Jan 8, 2008
Ask a Question