Audiolab 8000DAX

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by beepex, Aug 9, 2011.

1. beepex

beepex

SOLD: Audiolab 8000DAX

HiFi Clear-out part 2

I'm selling an Audiolab 8000DAX that was used for about 6 months and has been in storage for over 12 years!

In 1998 I started a company with the crazy idea of selling music on-line. We used a lossless encoding system that enabled the buyer to pay for and download music (tracks or whole albums) in the form of an encoded audio file or files which could then be decoded and written onto an audio CD on their PC.

We had seen the future but sadly the record companies (and public) had not. We had some decent independent labels on board but nothing major. The Major labels were very scared of the downloading thing. MP3's existed (but not portable MP3 players) but we wanted to use a lossless system anyway.

Needless to say, the company went tits up and 3 years later the iPod came out followed closely by the iTunes music store and... I won't go on moaning.

So, our encoding room had a very nice system that included an Audiolab 8000DAX and that is what I am now selling! It's like new. It cost a grand back then but I don't know what price to ask for it now. Any reasonable offers welcome.

Audition/Collection from Rochdale or I can send insured by courier for £10.

Email me for photos or follow this link...

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk253/thewaragainstsleep/HiFi For Sale/Audiolab 8000DAX/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    beepex, Aug 9, 2011
  2. beepex

beepex

8000DAX has sold. Thanks.

beepex, Aug 12, 2011
Ask a Question