Audiomeca but which transport

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by joecrowe, Nov 13, 2005.

1. joecrowe

joecrowe

Need some help with matching up a transport
    Have just got an Audiomeca Enkianthus DAC

the obvious transport would be the matching audiomecca Mephisto transport but I have been advised against this unit as they are not supported anymore due to unavailability of parts

Wanted something of matching quality and like the idea of top loaders, looking for something well built that will last ages or can be repaired that is likely to have replacement parts around for a long time, dont mind spending the money but dont want to have to do it every 3 or 4 years

Possibly asking too much, I prefer buying second hand but in the past I have bought 4 year old players just when they were starting to show problems so im trying the sperate dac transport route this time
    The dac has the capability of using xlr balanced connectors but I dont know if that connection method is a distinct advantage over digital or coax,

joecrowe, Nov 13, 2005
  2. joecrowe

Effem Cable manufacturer

CEC belt drive transports should fit all your criteria. Sound great too, in fact I have a friend who swapped for the Audiomecca to a CEC and hasn't regretted his choice.

Availability in the UK is pretty sparse though although Cool & Classic Hi-Fi seem to have a steady stream going through.

Effem, Nov 13, 2005
  3. joecrowe

Garmt

CEC is a good suggestion.

Garmt, Nov 14, 2005
  4. joecrowe

joecrowe

Thanks for your suggestions

joecrowe, Nov 15, 2005
  5. joecrowe

Garmt

CEC also takes kindly to some modification. A very left-wing choice, but very good, is the 47 Labs transport. It does depend on what you search for in your sound. If it is dynamism and drive, CEC is not te best choice for example.

Garmt, Nov 15, 2005
  6. joecrowe

joecrowe

Cheers Garmt,
    Having come from a Naim Cdi dynamic and drive is more what im looking for, I dont want a unit that will add more warmth and lushness, I am a bit wary of having too many hi fi attributes and loosing the plot of the music.

joecrowe, Nov 16, 2005
  7. joecrowe

Garmt

Then buy Wadia... All the drive you need and more! The Wadia transports will certainly bring life and energy to the sound.

Garmt, Nov 16, 2005
Ask a Question