Audionet Art V2

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by ronaldo, May 5, 2004.

1. ronaldo

ronaldo

Audionet Art V2 NOW WITHDRAWN FROM SALE

A TRULY STUNNING CD PLAYER 9 MONTHS OLD BOXED INSTRUCTIONS ETC.
    HIGHLY REVIEWED AND RESPECTED PLAYER THIS IS IN THE BLACK FINISH THEY ARE £2300 NEW LOOKING FOR £1600 MINT CONDITION.
    MAYBE THE LAST CD PLAYER YOU WILL EVER NEED.
    WILL TAKE A LESSER PLAYER IN PT-EX.
    BUT WILL NOT TAKE ANY JUNK.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2004
    ronaldo, May 5, 2004
  2. ronaldo

ronaldo

some specs
    Function Compact Disc Player
    Laser system
    GaAiA semiconductor laser, 780 nm wavelength

Converter
    24 Bit, 96 kHz, multibit delta-sigma

Sampling frequency
    44.1 kHz

Frequency range
    2 - 22.000 Hz (-3 dB)

THD + N
    typ. 0.002 %

Signal to noise ratio > 110 dB
    Channel separation > 110 dB
    Outputs
    1 pair RCA analog, gold-plated
    1 RCA digital, gold-plated, 75 ohms
    1 BNC, gold-plated 75 ohms
    1 AES/EBU digital, gold-plated, 110 ohms
    ( The digital outputs can be switched off! )

Output resistance analog
    33 ohms

Output voltage analog
    2.5 Veff

Mains
    120 V or 230 V, 50...60 Hz

Power dissipation
    2 W Stand by, max. 40 W

Dimensions
    430 mm * 110 mm * 360 mm (W * H * D)

Weight
    18 kg

Finish Front
    brushed aluminum, black anodized, white printing
    or aluminum nature, anodized, black printing
    Display: Red or Blue

Cover
    Chassis
    MDF, Nextel coated
    granite, sheet-steel, black varnished

Features
    - Remote control (included)
    - intelligent sampling technology
    - Top-loader
    - MDF and granite chassis construction
    - additional decoupling of transport unit, circuit boards and timing generator
    - special CD puck
    - two special, switchable oversampling filters
    - switchable digital outputs
    - separate voltage supplies for transport and converter unit

ronaldo, May 6, 2004
  3. ronaldo

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Don't forget, you can turn it into a Naim CDX by flicking the algorythym filter switch on the back too :)

wadia-miester, May 6, 2004
  4. ronaldo

ronaldo

why would anyone want to do that?
    hee hee hee !!!!!!!!!!!!
    to be honest i don't think there is a lot between the 2 settings.

ronaldo, May 6, 2004
  5. ronaldo

ronaldo

NOW REDUCED LAST OFFER £1500
    FLEA BAY BEKONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronaldo, May 9, 2004
  6. ronaldo

onthefly

I could perhaps go to £1200 subject to a successful demo.....

onthefly, May 10, 2004
  7. ronaldo

Tim F

!! £1200....

It's worth more than that... nice player..

Tim F, May 10, 2004
  8. ronaldo

ronaldo

i could sell it for £1500 subject to me getting something better this side of £4000
    the £1500 is firm
    no more silly offers please

ronaldo, May 10, 2004
  9. ronaldo

ronaldo

a nice pic £1200 ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2004
    ronaldo, May 10, 2004
  10. ronaldo

onthefly

It was not meant as a silly offer. Nor did I mean to offend. All you have to say is 'no thanks'.

Tim F: keep your nose out!

onthefly, May 10, 2004
  11. ronaldo

ronaldo

i never took offence i thought it was a joke offer, there has been a few around, so ok no thanks. i think tim thought it was as well and as it is a forum he can post what he likes.
    still for sale £1500 firm.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2004
    ronaldo, May 10, 2004
  12. ronaldo

Jackthebiscuit Allrise

Joke offer - really?

£2300 list, knocking on the door of its 1st birthday, I reckon you may struggle to make much more than £1200, and remember, all the while its unsold, its getting older and worth less.
    For example, dealers will at best offer 40% on p/x's, and more often than not, quite a bit less, so expecting someone to come along privately and pay 2/3's is perhaps a touch optimistic.
    It may be built like a tank, but the brand has had virtually no exposure over here compared to its rivals and that, no matter how good it is, will always weigh against it - I know, I've fallen foul along similar lines before.
    I reckon you should have entered into a more positive dialogue with the guy offering £1200, who knows, you may have reached a compromise. As it stands at present, you're back to square one.

Dont wish to offend, but as Tim F decided to offer an opinion, thought I'd add mine.

JTB

Jackthebiscuit, May 11, 2004
  13. ronaldo

ronaldo

lilolees was a upgraded from art to art v2 mine is art v2 manufactured dec 2003 and if he let it go for that price then that is up to him.
    taken from a post of lilolees on nov 2 2003
    "Sold the AudioNet CDP and a few other bits, but not the Lumleys".
    he sold his before mine was made, mine was manufactured dec 2003 and can be verified by audionet.
    i would be grateful if you do your homework before making statements as the one above.
    still for sale mint etc.
    oh and by the way this player is pristine had little use and is not being sold for a penny less if no-one wants to pay the very fair asking price thats ok i will keep it .
    it is still £800 less than retail craps on anything naim etc make for the same price in my opinion of course!
    at the end of the day i am trying to sell my cdp
    i don't need inaccurate posts and the price police telling me what and what not i should be selling my kit for.
    "virtually no exposure" apart from getting top reviews in hi fi choice and what hi fi the best selling mags in the country
    here some more

Hi-Fi Choice England
    Built like a tank, sounds like a dream. Unique and natural sounding player with a bass to die for. ...Perhaps some day all CD players will be built as well and sound as fantastic as this one. An ARTful choice.

Sound Magazine Greece
    The ART is an excellent european player with a great construction quality and exemplary right sound, completely independent of different sound preferences of the listeners.

HIFI & Records Germany
    That's impossible! One quarrels with the high-fidelity world, and in Bochum the phantasy of an audiophile dreamer is produced in series. ... Under the plain cover hides one of the best CD players at all, partially the ART even sets new standards. ... No need for long discussions - simply listen and be astonished.

Conclusion: Artists enrich our life, that's why we adore and love them, they say. The ART has gained this respect. Finally a holistic CD player in which both mechanics and electronics have attracted same interest and suggested formerly unknown synthesis. Completely independent of the price ART is one of the three best CD players I know; in its price class ART cannot be beaten anyway.

STEREO Germany
    ... the ART with the extension V2 is really sensational. ... The new converter board of the ART is the heart of the device and constructed with so much nous, as no ten developers of digital hifi equipment in the world could manage.
    ...An additional SMD logic circuit removes the very last remainder of phase jitter be-
    fore the D/A-converter itself processes the data... The first tone, a deep bass drum, shows where the crux of the matter is. The Audionet gives the drum profound black-
    ness, volume and air. The energy lies in the frequency basement where it belongs. When the voice of the Norwegian singer (Kari Bremnes) rises, ART V2 gives her the third dimension: Height. The lady is standing. Upright.
    ... The voice has a bit more 'chest' and less 'throat', therefore appears more 'velvet' and sonorous.... Hearty congratulation to Bochum!

...Audionets updates ART plays outstanding live, light-footed and detailed, without a doubt a merit of the unprecedented jitter poverty of the D/A-converter. Laboratory record for the aliasing distortions, too...
    Also, signal to noise ratio and quantisation noise set standards...a level difference between the channels was simply not detectable.
    Outstanding * * * * *

HiFi PIAC Hungary
    Dream team (together with SAM V2)

Stereoplay Germany
    The Audionet inspires with nearly merciless sound. Like barely no other player he backs up drive and rhythm, precisely depicts spatiality and always keeps track even when playing complicate music pieces. With nearly infinite bass power the Audionet marks out his claim: Neither the Burmester nor the Phonosophie player were able to separate different instrument groups within big orchestras so clearly while simultaneously fixing the musicians in the recording environment.

audiophile Germany
    The Audionet ART V2 beat the desirable virtue of the Creek with even darker outlined bass and with more stable spatiality. The V2 was able to reproduce finest tempo variations, separate each tone in complex piano passages without losing anything of the floating sound of the wooden corpus.
    Whenever dynamic elements in music had to be emphasized the ART V2 proved to be an expert, a master... He is a world-class player setting new standards in its league.

can't see all of them being wrong.

ronaldo, May 11, 2004
  14. ronaldo

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Well good luck sir :)

wadia-miester, May 11, 2004
  15. ronaldo

ronaldo

did you ask lilolee how old his player was before saying his player was "younger"than mine and i thought he sold his for £1400 but i could be wrong.
    tim f offered his opinion having listened to the player at my home while purchasing some other kit.
    still for sale at £1500.
    does "good luck sir" mean i am sorry for not checking things out before i post?:)

ronaldo, May 11, 2004
  16. ronaldo

ronaldo

oh i will still take a lesser player px

ronaldo, May 11, 2004
  17. ronaldo

michaelab desafinado

ronaldo - you might want to try a less hostile attitude if you want a sale :rolleyes: .

People will make their own mind up about what they think the player is worth and responding to reasonable offers in the way you did won't help your cause.

Regardless of what any reviewer has said about a bit of kit, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it and it would appear that in this case that's less than £1500. If you want to hold out for £1500 then that's up to you but don't blame anyone if you've still got it 6 months from now - and, as Jake pointed out, it's dropping in value all the time.

The general rule of thumb for s/h hifi gear is 50% of retail value, which is usually only exceeded for items in very high demand so IMO you were lucky to get offered £1200.

Michael.

michaelab, May 11, 2004
  18. ronaldo

ronaldo

admin i did explain why i thought it was a joke in a earlier post.
    but read on
    hostile? i don't think so other people have posted some innacurate posts i merely pointed this out.
    i did think the offer was a wind up and a joke having seen tims thread jm labs etc. i thought this offer was in the same vein.
    i am not allowed to point the fact out that in this case wadi-meister was wrong?
    the price is fair ex-dem they are sold for £2000
    after all this i doubt i will make a sale anyway.
    if i post the price is firm why do people still offer £300 below what i ask.
    if i am being hostile i was provoked by people on this forum who have no intrest in this cd player whatsoever and have nothing better to do and police me in to dropping the price.
    if i am allowed to carry on selling this item
    i will state this again.
    the price is £1500 and firm=no offers.
    wadia-meister did lee have this player six months and then
    upgraded from the original art. the original art is a lot older than 6months at the end of nov 2003the art v2 was out before may 2003 so it could have been a ex dem or reduced in price model that was upgraded to v2 spec, if you see what i mean
    apology accepted but you can see where i am coming from.
    if x sells it for one price y does not have to sell his for the same price. lee's was an upgrade mine bought as a v2.
    i hope this clears this up.

ronaldo, May 11, 2004
  19. ronaldo

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Have you tried HiFi For Sale ? I've had several successes using that site.

technobear, May 11, 2004
  20. ronaldo

ronaldo

yes i put it up late yesterday i have had a few e-mails but nothing firm as of yet.
    thanks for the advice anyway.
    if it was a cdx 2 i could sell it for more a great demand for the naim gear.

ronaldo, May 11, 2004
Ask a Question