AudioSmile DCX2496 Digital Crossover

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by Tenson, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

I'm selling my fully modified DCX2496 digital crossover. The new price for this from the current www.behringermods.com website would be £675, asking £450.

It has only been occasionally used to test a few speaker design ideas then put away again. The front panel still even has the plastic film on it.

All analog outputs are modified with transformers replacing the original op-amp stages. These are slightly older transformers than the current 'Platinum' option on the BehringerMods.com website. but there is only a small difference. The analog inputs are modified with a BurrBrown OPA1632 buffer stage; a modern chip specifically designed for pre-facing audio ADC chips so it really does a good job.

This all means the transparency of this crossover is top-notch. Other than this, it functions exactly like the original Behringer DCX2496, accepting digital or analog inputs and outputting up to 6 channels of processed analog sound.

This is a brilliant solution for anyone who likes to play with speaker design because you can dial in different settings on the fly and hear the result.

[​IMG]

Tenson, Jul 5, 2011
  2. Tenson

Dev Moderator

Shouldn't this be in the Trade room? :D

Dev, Jul 5, 2011
  3. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

I suppose so, I put the VAT through on my business, lol!

Tenson, Jul 5, 2011
  4. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

This is still for sale.

Tenson, Aug 19, 2011
Ask a Question