Audiovector Mi1 Signature's

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by sometimesuk, Jan 1, 2012.

1. sometimesuk

sometimesuk

Background

I originally bought the speakers from Audio Excellence (Now Audio T) in May 2005 for £1320.

I decided to buy the speakers after auditioning the following speakers:
    · B&W 805S
    · Proac tablette reference 8 signature
    · Proac response D1
    · Dynaudio Contour 1.3Mk II
    · Dynaudio Contror 1.4's

The Dyanudio speakers produced too much bass for my room and they were also quite hard to drive, they only opened up at loud volumes.

The Audiovectors have a similar neutrality to the Dynaudio's but are a lot easier to drive. They are also fast footed, while sounding very smooth at the same time, which makes them enjoyable to listen too.

They work particularly well with Naim and Cyrus equipment, although I have been using them with Musical Fidelity equipment to great success.

Reason for selling

I am selling the speakers because I have been very fortunate and have won a pair of Acoustic Energy Reference 2 speakers. I do not have the money or need for a second system.

If I haven't won the speakers, I would have kept the Audiovectors for years as I'm still very happy with them. If anything I would have them upgraded to the Avantgarde model, which you are able to do.

Condition

The speakers are in good condition with no damage to any of the drivers.

The cabinets are a real wood cherry finish and have been kept out of direct sunlight, so there is no unsightly bleaching on the cabinets.

Photo; side 1 – shows a slight lightening in the wood colour, where this side of the speaker has faced the window. This is hardly noticeable in person and looks like a variation of the natural wood colour.

The cabinets have no major bumps or marks on them, although they do have one or two very small bumps (see photo). These are not noticeable unless you are looking for them.

The grills are magnetic and are in good condition. One of the grills, has lost a very small bit of its fabric to one of the top corners (to the side of the audiovector symbol) this has been caused by the sharp edge of the frame where the fabric has been pulled across the frame itself.

Specification

· Original Packaging, including product box and the shipping box.
    · Instruction leaflet
    · Audiovector product brochure (2005)
    · Audiovector Mi1 Signature speakers – real wood cherry finish
    · Upgradeable to Avantgarde Model (if you want)
    · Magnetic speaker grills
    · Bi wire-able speakers, with original gold plated link bars.
    · Impedance; 8 Ohms
    · Sensitivity: 88dB
    · Power Handling; 160W
    · Size ; (WxHxD) 20 x 35 x 29cm
    · Weight / pair 14Kg / 24 lbs

Price

£450 ONO including UK postage.

Contact details

Email: sometimesuk(at)gmail.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top of Speakers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bottom of Speakers:

[​IMG]

sometimesuk, Jan 1, 2012
  2. sometimesuk

sometimesuk

Reduced price if anyone is interested - £350 including UK delivery.

I dont really want to let them go for anything less, I'd rather create a second system somewhere, as they are such a cracking speaker.

sometimesuk, Jan 4, 2012
  3. sometimesuk

sometimesuk

Speakers are now Sold

sometimesuk, Jan 7, 2012
Ask a Question