Aurex (toshiba) mini System 15 from c.1980

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by chestnut, Sep 22, 2008.

1. chestnut

chestnut

Hi
    Does anyone remember the high end kit that Toshiba produced under the name of Aurex in the early 1980's? The top system comprised four separate mini components, plus some additional options. Having just laid my hands on one of these, what I'm after are user and service manuals for the models listed below. Can anyone help please with originals/scans etc!

ST-F15 - FM digital Tuner
    ST-T10 - AM/FM analogue Tuner
    SY-C15 - Preamp
    SC-m15 - Power amp
    PD-C15 - tape deck
    AD-15 - Dynamic range expander unit
    AT-12 - Timer unit

On another note, I'm looking to buy the AD-15, AT-12 and ST-T10 if anyone has these in great condition.

Oh yes, and if you want a reminder of what these all look like, follow this link: http://www.hifi-studio.de/hifi-klassiker/toshiba_1980.htm

Many thanks
    David

chestnut, Sep 22, 2008
  2. chestnut

Chris

Hi,
    Funnily enough I picked up an unopened NOS Aurex 12 system earlier this year: pre, power, cassette deck and tuner. I tested it and then put it back in the boxes. I think the tape deck needs new belts. I intended to use it at my shop but never got round to it. I'm not sure whether the tuner is in fact an ST-T10 - will have a look tomorrow.

Chris, Sep 22, 2008
  3. chestnut

Andy registered grazer

I've got the pre & power amps (as backups) which i bought 2nd hand for £20 a few years back..pre amp has a slight mains hum but overall they sounded pretty nice from what i remember.

Andy, Sep 23, 2008
Ask a Question