AVI gear ? anyone got it ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by taz, Mar 25, 2011.

1. taz

taz

After all the messing about i'm going to check out a really good deal on some AVI gear
    cd, pre amp 2 x pwr amps, I have read nothing but good stuff about the AVI gear but never
    heard it, so any input would be usefull, especially partnering speakers ?
    thanks

taz, Mar 25, 2011
  2. taz

Cable Monkey

You'd be best advised to go for it if it provedes you with a really good sound rather than just a good deal. Try to get a listen to some if possible.

Cable Monkey, Mar 25, 2011
  3. taz

taz

Only 1 problem, as AVI has ceased making hardware they have also stopped supporting their old stuff and apparently won't touch it ? as it's about 15 years old that means I could end up with a load of useless box's

taz, Mar 25, 2011
  4. taz

Cable Monkey

Well I haven't heard their stuff so can't honestly say if it is a risk worth taking. Their philosophy was neutrality with plenty of power back then. If you like that then that is good but no support for a complex bit of kit is a huge gamble if you have no repair/DIY experience. Most companies however can recomend someone if not themselves to carry out repairs. If they can't or won't do even that then walk away.

Cable Monkey, Mar 25, 2011
Ask a Question