avi v2 amp...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by banpe2006, Mar 25, 2009.

1. banpe2006

banpe2006

Anyone heard this and is it musical or clinical? cheers

banpe2006, Mar 25, 2009
  2. banpe2006

oldius

Avi V2

I would describe it as very powerful and neutral. I use it to drive Shahinian Obelisks and they're not a particularly easy load. It drives them with consummate ease and in my opinion represents good value for money. It will reveal what's recorded without embellishment. Buy with confidence.

PS. I use the V2 Pre-Power with a Rega P9, RB1000 arm, Dynavector 10x5, Trichord Diablo phono stage and NCPSU through the Obelisks.

oldius, Mar 27, 2009
  3. banpe2006

banpe2006

Thanks Oldius, does powerful and neutral mean uninvolving at all? cheers

banpe2006, Mar 27, 2009
  4. banpe2006

oldius

uninvolving?

I don't really know what uninvolving means! The great thing about this amp is that it does what it says on the tin; it plays what's there. If your source sends involvement it will reveal it.

The traditional partner for Shahinians appears to be Dynavector. I had the L300 and HX1.2 at home for a week and it's an outstanding combination. At £10k it was simply beyond my reach and although the AVI is not it's equal there was not £7k worth of difference.

My turntable is considered to be on the neutral side but my phono stage and cartridge have a hint of warmth. This appears to provide a nice balance with the AVI. I will probably never replace my Obelisks and I genuinely feel I would have to spend a lot of money to improve on the way the AVI's drive them.

oldius, Mar 27, 2009
Ask a Question