B&W CM4's plus Audiolab amplification

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Adam Davis, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Adam Davis

Adam Davis

I am on the look out for some new speakers, but have very strict rules laid down by SWMBO:(

As a result I am going to try and get an audition of some B&W CM4's.

The rest of my kit is an Audiolab 8000S and a TAG 60P and my CD is a Micromega Stage 6 plus some Kimber 8TC speaker cable.

The room is well furnished with a concrete floor.

Does this combination stand any chance of working or will it sound too bright?

I currently have some Castle Severn MK2's, which I have had for 6 years and sound good, but a little polite and would like a bit more life and bass put into my system.

Thanks for your help.

Adam

Adam Davis, Jan 30, 2004
  2. Adam Davis

adam

I used to have a very similar system to yours,and name too!.I had Audiolab 8000,Micromega stage 2,B&W 601,it then evolved into a Micromega drive transport,Micromega Dac,and some B&W CDM1,it was one of my favorite combo I have put together,and I never found it too bright,but I wouldn't get the cm4,but the CDMNT7,as they are better,it will make a exellent combo.

adam, Jan 30, 2004
  3. Adam Davis

eisenach

My system's also pretty similar: TAG PA20R, 2x60P and B&W CDM9NTs. To my ears it sounds very good, and getting better! The 9NTs have been replaced in the B&W range, and there are some bargains around. Adding the 2nd 60P really made a difference.

eisenach, Jan 31, 2004
Ask a Question