B&W LCR6 S2 centre speaker

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by NOS-4-A2, Sep 18, 2004.

1. NOS-4-A2

NOS-4-A2 Creature of the night

The speaker is in beautiful condition and I have the original box (including the polythene bag the speaker came in) and manual. Now on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5721369798&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

This is a practically new speaker costing £350. It's the big brother of the LCR600 and LCR60. Due to the purchase of a plasma screen, I'm replacing it with a wall mounted speaker though I doubt I'll be able to match the sound quality of the LCR6 S2.

This speaker was designed by B&W to match their 600 series speakers but would work well with any make – I've used it with my Sonus Faber Concerto's and AVI NuNeutrons.

Quality Home Cinema relies on the seamless integration of sound from loudspeakers that often have different physical sizes and have to be used at different places in the room. The LCR6 S2 is equally suited to left, centre, right or surround positions in a Home Cinema setup. The LCR6 S2 is a 2½-way vented-box speaker, with magnetic shielding. It has two 6½-inch woven Kevlar® cone drivers, one dedicated to bass frequencies only, and a 1-inch aluminium dome tweeter. Flowport technology improves bass definition and prevents chuffing at low frequencies. The LCR6 S2 has a Nautilus tweeter tube, flat ring tweeter suspension, bullet dust cap and high quality crossover components and with such a high specification it is capable of delivering higher replay levels than many centre or dialogue speakers.

Description

2 ½ way vented-box system with magnetic shielding

Drive units

1 x 25mm metal dome high-frequency

1 x 165mm woven Kevlar® cone bass/midrange

1 x 165mm woven Kevlar® bass

Frequency response

58Hz – 20kHz ± 3dB on reference axis

Sensitivity

89dB spl (2.83V, 1m)

Nominal impedance

8 Ohm (min 6 Ohm)

Power handling

25W - 150W into 8 ohm on unclipped programme

Dimensions

Height: 545mm Width: 204mm Depth: 309mm

Finish

Cabinet: Black Ash

Grilles: Black cloth

Stereophile Guide to Home Theatre reviewed the speaker thus:

"The DM605 S2's bass resolution is worthy of special note. I've never heard better detail in the midbass from any system, regardless of price. ... The LCR6 S2s were almost too good to use as mere surround speakers. Not only were they an excellent spectral match for the floorstanding DM605 S2s, but they had similar dynamic abilities and resolving characteristics. If you already own a powered subwoofer, you might be interested in assembling a system of five LCR6 S2s, For $2250 (plus subwoofer), you'll get a system that should rarely disappoint you."

Home Cinema Choice said:

“Excellent, natural music and movie sound reproduction, smooth, clean and revealing... Ideal for music reproduction and film scores alike. Overall, excellent.â€Â

Digital Home magazine gave its verdict as:

“If you want your system to kick butt, this is one way to do itâ€Â

NOS-4-A2, Sep 18, 2004
  2. NOS-4-A2

NOS-4-A2 Creature of the night

Down to the last day

NOS-4-A2, Sep 21, 2004
Ask a Question