Baffling audio problem

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Larrycleve, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Larrycleve

Larrycleve

I have 423 music flac files and 15 of them are from Paul Hardcastle and the Jazzmasters. Everything sounds fine when I play them from my desktop computer or from a flash drive connected to my car stereo.

The problem occurs when playing them from my laptop computer connected by hdmi to my home theater. Only the 15 Paul Hardcastle files sound muffled and at low volume. The other files sound fine. I've tried it on different players like Musicbee, Foobar, and Media player with the same results. They even sound low and muffled when listening through earphones connected to the laptop. I'm baffled why these 15 files play fine on other devices and only sound bad on the laptop.

Larrycleve, Jun 26, 2023
  2. Larrycleve

Larrycleve

I got it resolved! I uninstalled and reinstalled the audio driver and now those files play at full volume. Interesting how such a simple fix corrected it. I guess laptops can be more temperamental than other audio devices.

Larrycleve, Jun 27, 2023
Ask a Question