Bargain, missed

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by T-bone Sanchez, Mar 21, 2005.

1. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez, Mar 21, 2005
  2. T-bone Sanchez

Sid and Coke

This assumes that the winning bidder didn't put in a much higher initial bid that didn't need to be beaten in this particular auction...

This was my missed bargain of the week, although i already have the DAC and wouldn't have minded trying the CD Transport.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7500698190&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2005
    Sid and Coke, Mar 21, 2005
  3. T-bone Sanchez

Tenson Moderator

I nearly bought that Pioneer, but went for the pd 701 instead for about £10 less overall as I figured just using it as a transport they will be the same. I hope I was right lol, they both use the stable platter.

I imagine there is rather a lot of tweaking one could do to the Pioneer stable platter players for use as a transport, does anyone have any experience tweaking one?

Tenson, Mar 21, 2005
  4. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

Bargain! Id already won a sony cdp to use as a transport so I hesitated on bidding. Id imagine they respond well to tweaking.

T-bone Sanchez, Mar 22, 2005
  5. T-bone Sanchez

Effem Cable manufacturer

Amputate the captive mains cord, fit a male IEC to the stub and fit a better quality mains cord, then these old birds really do fly :)

Effem, Mar 23, 2005
Ask a Question