Bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by I-S, Mar 25, 2004.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Richer sounds are selling Toshiba SD330 multi-region DVD players for £52!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be getting mine tomorrow...

I-S, Mar 25, 2004
  2. I-S

MikeD Militant Nutter

:eek: what a price!

if i had a TV i'd be arranging a trip to glasgow :)

MikeD, Mar 26, 2004
  3. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I got one on friday, but there was something the matter with it, and the multi-region chip was either not present or not working. Exchanged today for one that plays my R1 discs no problem.

For £52 this is an astounding bargain. The image quality is stunning for the money. It's not without flaws (some jaggies, movement artifacts, etc) but better than many DVD players for several times as much money. Black levels are very deep, and free from the green tinge that can afflict cheap DVD players. Contrast is very high indeed, with some whites seeming too bright, but the colours are not over-saturated with a nice natural balance on my parent's Sony KV32DX100.

Kudos also to Richer sounds, who were very helpful and apologetic over the first faulty player, had no problems at all in exchanging it and letting me test the new player in the shop with some of my R1 DVDs. They also found and gave me (for free) a spare, unused NAD remote control that will control my S300 (which didn't come with its remote).

I've just looked, and the price on the web page has now gone back up to £68.95. Perhaps they screwed up, but as I took the print out of the web page in with me, they had no problems at all with selling it to me for £51.95, although they did comment that it was below trade price...

I-S, Mar 29, 2004
Ask a Question