Bel canto EV04 for sale.......

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Davo, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Davo

Davo

Used - Belcanto Design EVO4 120w x 4 or 360w x 2. It was purchase from the UK dealer threw Annvil Audio in March04 it's M serial number, its got the new boards with the TA3020 chip set. ( boxed & manual )

It has low hrs approx 500, been boxed for last 5 months due to AV setup. Has a 2mm mark not visable from 2feet and scuff right side back were retrieved from rack.

Also included in the price is an 5ft Analysis Plus Power Oval power cord which is 15amp / US plug.

Asking £1300.00

Please send me a PM or email me on [email protected] for - photos............

regards

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2006
    Davo, Mar 15, 2006
  2. Davo

Davo

Bel canto EVO4 - price reduced !!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~ price reduced, £1250.00 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's an absolute bargain, new amps on their was and need the space........................

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2006
    Davo, Mar 16, 2006
  3. Davo

ditton happy old soul

I paid more and still think I had a bargain!! Is it Gen II?

ditton, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Davo

Davo

Hi Ditton,

It's a late Gen1 as far as i know but being a M serial number it has the replacement board and chip-set, i spoke with Tony and he said that their isn't a lot of difference.

How you getting on with yours, they reach the sweet spot after about 4/5 days and they love a good power cord. Also as you know Tony can tweak these little babys "EV02 / EVO4" to height even Belcanto didn't realise.

regards

Dave

Davo, Mar 16, 2006
  5. Davo

ditton happy old soul

(whisper in case Tony is listening ...) I was wondering whether to use next pay packet to send the evo4 to WM for tweaking, but heard today that I've some major dental stuff next week, so will have to see what's left!! I'm using a Black Widow as power cord at the mo.

What are you moving to?

** and someone buy this, its good. I've seen evo2's at this price, and the bridging of the evo4 gives clean welly of first order **

ditton, Mar 16, 2006
  6. Davo

Davo

That's funny, i would get the EVO tweaked and have your teeth all taken out at the same time thus you wouldn't have any trouble with suprise denistry bills.

Upgrade, well looking in a couple of area's not sure ICE power poss the "red dragon leviathan" which was one of the best sounding rooms at the CES2006. Or go completely the other direction and getting a pair Audiopax Stereo 88's and a pair of AG Uno's or Duo's.

Yeah! got a mixture of cables but the word on the street currently is that the Acrolink and Oyaide is serious stuff for sensible money........

Davo, Mar 16, 2006
  7. Davo

Godfather

What a bargain! The Evos definitely respond well to good mains. I'm using a Cardas Golden Reference with excellent results. Tried WM's cables and foo-foo box on the Bel Canto and felt it made more of a difference than an improvement. His stuff worked really well on my transport and DAC though, 'more of everything' is a good way to sum it up. Quite tempted to send in my amps for a bit of work as well when cash isn't so tight.

Good luck with the sale!

Godfather, Mar 16, 2006
  8. Davo

Davo

Hi God,

How you getting on with that EVO6, tastey piece of kit and you have the flexability if get bored to buy a processor and use it for AV.

Main's, conditioning and cords are probably one of the most over looked upgrades most people do not make, and spend money upgrading rather than look at the bigger picture.

Belcanto & foo foo, they are quiet a few people on Zero who are already enjoying the pleasure of Tony's work and it's probably the hardest client to satisfy as hifi geeks are always looking for audiophile narvana............. He will do excactly whats on the tin and will always lend a ear to help, great guy. Oh and he know quiet alot about hifi too.

Davo, Mar 17, 2006
  9. Davo

Godfather

Dave, already got the AV rig going. Proceed AVP2 processor feeding an Evo 6 and Evo 2. 3 bridged channels for the fronts and unbridged for the rears. They rock! :banana:

Henry

Godfather, Mar 17, 2006
  10. Davo

Davo

Henry,

The proceed is an awesome peace on kit, what are you using DVD wise, and have got a projector yet.

The are big savings to be had at them moment with 720p and 1080i models being made obsolete with the new DVD formats blue-ray and HD-DVD, think blue-ray will win with PS3 sales alone.

My honest opinion is that unless your running in excess of 50" screen the difference is marginal, however the new buzz for screens is the replacement for plasma and LCD which is a joint project with canon and toshiba.

http://www.canon.com/technology/display/

regards

Dave

Davo, Mar 17, 2006
  11. Davo

Godfather

I've been into the AV side of things since the mid 90s, and have been running a projector for a few years. I've a Philips 963SA DVD player, SDI modified and Trichord clocked with Never-Connected power supply, feeding a Crystalio scaler and Barco 808S CRT projector.

Godfather, Mar 17, 2006
  12. Davo

Davo

Bump? £1200.00

Davo, Mar 20, 2006
  13. Davo

Davo

-------------------- Sold !!!!! --------------------------------

Davo, Mar 27, 2006
Ask a Question