Bel Canto remote problem.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by chevvies, Aug 11, 2009.

1. chevvies

chevvies

The other day I pressed the volume-up button on the cute remote for my S300iU, and it 'stuck', so the volume increased ever upward to the max 10.00 reading, all I could do was stop the source signal, even using the knob on the remote wouldn't work, I could get the figure down, then it would just automatically rise until I disconnected it. I can use it manually.

I got in touch with BC who said there was an issue with the membrane over the remote buttons cracking and splitting, which is what had eventually happened. They say the manufacturers no longer produce this remote, a new one will be $45 plus shipping.

The unit was used when I bought it, and I've no idea where it was originally purchased, even so, should I still be charged if the remote had a manufacturing/design problem?

Any other BC users with this issue? Thanks.

chevvies, Aug 11, 2009
  2. chevvies

SHAXOS

Had exactly the same problem with my pre 3. Fortunantly i was under warranty and got aanvil audio (the uk distributer) to send me a new one. The remotes are pathetic for such an expensive piece of hifi. However this seems to be common place with hi end gear for example MF Moon etc all supply pants remote controlls. Plinius show how it should be done!! You can play cricket with their remote!!

I emailed bel canto and had a rant but he also told me the more expensive remote needs to be payed for also. Dont think you can do much.
    Take care!

SHAXOS, Aug 12, 2009
Ask a Question