Belezibub

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by jshack, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jshack

Stereo Mic

Sadly BBV, you have not heard my choices - so your assertion is, as ever, fundementally flawed.

Stereo Mic, Feb 20, 2006
  2. jshack

anon_bb Honey Badger

Actually I have heard the kondo stuff you rave on about. Doubtless I have heard parts of your system as well if you would care to tell us exactly what it is. I am familair with the sme for instance. So in fact I am as familair with your kit as you are with mine... neither of us actually having heard the others... though of course you will reject the equivalance.

This is a pointless discussion and serves no purpose.

anon_bb, Feb 20, 2006
  3. jshack

Stereo Mic

I don't own any Kondo.

Purely to satisfy your curiosity I do have a SME20/2a, although I rather doubt your have heard it in combination with a Shelter Cartridge, nor with the hard wired tonearm lead (straight through to phono stage).

The rest of the kit is a Marantz CD7 with Shunyata KC1, a Berning ZH270 with nos. Telefunkens and ERS mods, Merlin TSM MX with Custom built JBL K2 subwoofers powered by a Crown K1. Recently arrived are the very latest versions of the TEAD Vibe Pulse and Groove Plus which I guarantee you have not heard. All cabling is Cardas Golden Reference and the equipment is supported on a BCD rack and Target R4 stands.

So it is perfectly safe for me to assume that you have absolutely no idea what the above sounds like - given that I personally know all the TSM MX owners in the UK, that there are just two ZH270's over here, and I am the only person other than Greg Timbers running the subwoofers.

Stereo Mic, Feb 20, 2006
  4. jshack

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

If a recording shows a strong character it usually means the monitors had exactly the opposite character, i.e. a too bright recording means dull monitors were used and the engineer pushed the top to compensate thinking they were flat. Is this what you mean? Any good studio should have the full range monitors eq’d flat, though most final mixing is done on the nearfields (usually Yamaha NS10M) as they give a better impression of the typical cheap hi-fi / TV / car stereo that most punters own.

Tony.

TonyL, Feb 20, 2006
  5. jshack

anon_bb Honey Badger

No but you like kondo and hold it up as aspirational and I have heard it also.

I am familiar with both the groove and the vibe plus as well as your sme arm and deck (what are the changes to the latest versions of both?). Which is about the same proportion of my system that you have heard.

Werent the merlins at the Heathrow show? If so I heard them.

anon_bb, Feb 20, 2006
  6. jshack

Stereo Mic

Good God, it's pointless.

You have not heard a SME20/2A with the modifications and equipped with a Shelter 901. FACT

You have not heard the new TEAD units (They feature new regs and new cases designed to offer greater RFI rejection) FACT

No the Merlins were not at the Show. A different model was played by an utterly clueless distributor who had no idea. Not unlike some forumites it has to be said.

Please stop wasting my time.

Stereo Mic, Feb 20, 2006
  7. jshack

Markus S Trade

IMO the substances used by the musicians and the engineers have a much greater impact on the final sound than the monitors.

Markus S, Feb 20, 2006
  8. jshack

anon_bb Honey Badger

SM - I have heard as much of your system as you have of mine so I am just as well placed as you are. You beleive you occupy a hallowed position in the hifi hierachy but it isnt true. Your opinion is no more valid than mine. Fact. I have heard modded sme arm cables in my own system and hardwired cables in others. Effects are small. Sure I havent heard the shelter but the arm and deck are of far more importance in determining the sound. I am familair with the groove and vibe plus - it may well have better rfi rejection and regs now but I am betting its an evolution in the sound and not a revolution. I am sure they still sound very much like previous units except better right?

Yes so I have heard A pair of merlins but not your model is that correct? The ones I heard werent at all impressive. Lets hear your excuses.

The only one wasting time is you SM - you have said you dont like my choices a hundred times - why keep repeating yourself? It does appear like you are trying to justify yourself - why dont you just accept we like different kit? This really is a totally pointless discussion so if you want to stop wasting your time then please stop harping on this topic constantly as wasting your time is all it will do. I suggest you PM me if you wish to continue this discussion to avoid wasting everyone elses bandwidth.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2006
    anon_bb, Feb 20, 2006
  9. jshack

Stereo Mic

The stupidity of that post doesn't deserve a reply so I won't oblige.

You a quite unique I have to say. Thank heavens for that.

Stereo Mic, Feb 20, 2006
  10. jshack

lordsummit moderate mod

I'm closing this thread because quite simply it's boring

lordsummit, Feb 20, 2006
Ask a Question