Best iPod or similar with lots of storage space?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Thom PC, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Thom PC

Thom PC

I am getting rid of my cd player. The idea of having player and music collection taking up about the same space as a matchbox is just too appealing.

But what player would be the most versatile, with the most storage capacity, and the best sound quality? Is it the iPod? One of the Creative players? Or the iRivers? What is YOUR experience?

Thom

Thom PC, Jan 8, 2007
  2. Thom PC

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

My experience would be that you want the convenience of a single music source.

I would suggest that say an apple mini and dac would be better suited to the task because utimatly a match boxed sized player will always be a serious compromise.

Unless you are using a Pioneer PD123435464231223433674 cd player, in which case fill yer boots.

garyi, Jan 8, 2007
  3. Thom PC

Neil

I've heard Creative and Apple players (both HD ipod and nano) - there's not a lot to choose between them. I often hook up an ipod to my amp for party playlists etc but the sound - although good - doesn't match up to a good CD player. The format you save music on the device with is very important - Apple lossless is great, (don't save as mp3 if you really value sound quality). Also itunes is a great program for organising your music. (.... but I'm sure someone will disagree soon....)

Neil, Jan 8, 2007
Ask a Question