Best place to buy a set of 3 stillpoints?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mr_Sukebe, May 15, 2006.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Chaps,
    Got any recommendations on where to buy a set of Stillpoints from?

Mr_Sukebe, May 15, 2006
  2. Mr_Sukebe

AlexTaylor

Get some quadraspire silencers instead, that'll save you a fortune and instead of making your kit sound worse, will improve it.

AlexTaylor, May 15, 2006
  3. Mr_Sukebe

titian

It's really impressive how people can be so sure about what they are talking about especially when it concerns otherbody's systems..
    Bravo... ;)

titian, May 15, 2006
  4. Mr_Sukebe

AlexTaylor

Thankyou.

AlexTaylor, May 15, 2006
  5. Mr_Sukebe

ListeningEar

I used to be the Stillpoints contact in the UK, not sure who they use now but I think it may be:

http://www.audiophilecandy.com/home.asp

There are several products to choose from now in this isolation category, all have their merits. I personally found the Stillpoints to be awesome in high-end systems.

For more mid-range you may want to start with a less expensive isolation product first to see what, if any benefits you notice.

ListeningEar, May 16, 2006
  6. Mr_Sukebe

JamesG

A quick look on the Internet for "Quadraspire Silencer" revealed nothing obvious. No mention on the Quadraspire website either. Can somebody point me in the right direction if they are indeed worth having.

Cheers

JamesG, May 17, 2006
  7. Mr_Sukebe

AlexTaylor

Call Larry at the Audioworks, that's where I got mine from, they are dead good, I've got a load for cable isolation and two further sets for CDP and Amp, all for far less than one set of three stillpoints.

AlexTaylor, May 17, 2006
  8. Mr_Sukebe

adam

What makes you think stillpoints will make your kit sound worse?

Lyndorf/tact are UK importers,and I import them for Spain.

adam, May 17, 2006
  9. Mr_Sukebe

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

maybe mike would sell you his (stereomic).. send him a pm... I dont think he uses them, but may have already sold them on... or maybe he's not bothered to yet* (*most likely)

I also noticed found a set here for you -

http://www.adverts.hififorsale.com/vardet.asp

bottleneck, May 17, 2006
  10. Mr_Sukebe

Tenson Moderator

Titian, what are those gold and black hockey pucks you use? I was surprised that I could actually hear a difference with those.

Tenson, May 17, 2006
  11. Mr_Sukebe

titian

http://www.walkeraudio.com/valid_points.htm

Every one who I lent them to heard more or less some difference.
    The point of all these accessories is where you use them and how much difference the really make.
    On each components and in different environments you will have different results. The problem is that according to my experience you cannot say at priory what will work the best. Sometimes it could be these "hockey pucks" sometimes the Stillpoints sometimes nothing or any other material. Actually I can only say try different things and if you find something great then keep on trying other things...you might find better solutions which might be even cheaper.. That's my opinion and that's why I never seriously recommend things or solutions that I have.
    These "Valid Points" I had continuosly taken away from my system mostly because I let myself got influenced by all the anti Voodoo talking in the different forums. At the end (when you were here) my system was performing quite badly. When we tried to use some of the valid points on the preamp it sounded better. Now I use them in many more places and I believe the system is back to at least the definitive higher level it was before you came here.
    But again what is good here could be bad somewhere else.

titian, May 17, 2006
  12. Mr_Sukebe

AlexTaylor

When I have heard still points I found that it did improve the hi-fi aspects of the sound a fair bit, but this was at the expense of the more important, IMO, conveyance of music.

AlexTaylor, May 18, 2006
Ask a Question