Best song of heathrow hifi show

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Elberoth, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Elberoth

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I hope I'm that orange!

MO!, Sep 26, 2006
  2. Elberoth

julian2002 Muper Soderator

andy, the one on the left is a lynette, girlfriend of another dj and a dj herself http://www.harderfaster.net/text/features/11194 .

anex, i remember the late 80's / early 90's hardcore / acid stuff and would say that things have evolved - no radical changes but things aren;t staying the same - a lot of it is novelty stuff though and things are very 'anthem' driven. probably the biggest criticism is that it's not got much variety in the way that say d'n'b has (you can;t have chilled hard dance for example) but then i don;t want to chill on the dancefloor - i want to be driven by the beat, with perhaps a breakdown so i can catch a breather and then have the dj pull the trigger and the dancefloor go mental. if i want a rest i can go sit in the chillout area and listen to some breaks or whatever's playing in there. i also look at dancing as exercise so i want something that will keep me moving.
    one thing that does seem to be happening is a resurgence of gabba and horror-core which i can;t say i like that much - although i've heard some dj's having fun with the stuff (a mate did a tune called the exorcism of chucky and another gabba'd up the technohead i want to be a hippie track) so i can stand it if it doesn;t take itself too seriously.
    at the end of the day it's about having fun.
    oh and drugs - yes they are about but it's not my thing anymore - i quit drinking and smoking a while ago and see no need for anything beyond a few cans of redbull and maybe a few pro plus if it's an all nighter in order to enjoy myself. i do load up on vitamins and amino's before i go out though which seems to keep me going - the look on peoples faces when they ask me what i'm on and i say nothing is priceless - seeing as i'm usually the one up the front waving my hands in the air like i just don;t care.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 26, 2006
  3. Elberoth

Bob McC living the life of Riley

Its a while since I've been to a show. Are you saying that they no longer play Dire Straits?

Bob McC, Sep 26, 2006
  4. Elberoth

RobHolt Moderator

LOL

Bob, I heard Telegraph Road in one of the rooms so no need to panic.

RobHolt, Sep 26, 2006
  5. Elberoth

Dev Moderator

I like Telegraph Road.

I'll get me coat.

Dev, Sep 26, 2006
  6. Elberoth

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

I have to say the music was, on the whole, poor at the shows. I usually bring a few pieces of music to the shows.

Good on Julian for doing something he enjoys, even if it seems suited to the younger generation.

At a number of my dj gigs, I'm the oldest there. But it's still enjoyable.

[​IMG]

You can over do at times.

[​IMG]

SCIDB

SCIDB, Sep 26, 2006
  7. Elberoth

Anex Thermionic

If its not something I dig I just can't dance to it though, turns me right off. The only hardhouse that has ever really done it for me is the early stuff- Tony De Vite Televive Global Underground type stuff. That will get me dancing all night but more or less everything I've heard since bar the odd playing of Voodoo people too fast or something just leaves me wondering how no one else can realise there is absolutely no point to it. I don't mind a bit of happy hardcore either but I wouldn't choose to go and dance to it all night. I'm a pretty big gabba and terror tech fan, though again I couldn't dance to it all night. Thats why I love Global Gathering, I can just wander about from D&B to house to trance, prog etc. etc. I'm perfectly happy dancing like a twat to D&B, tech, house, trance etc. etc. all night but if I don't get any energy from the music it just puts me on a total downer.

Anex, Sep 26, 2006
  8. Elberoth

andyoz

Dude, you just scared the crap out of my 2 Y.O. with that photo..!

andyoz, Sep 26, 2006
  9. Elberoth

julian2002 Muper Soderator

dean,
    that looks like fun...

anex,
    i guess it's different strokes for different folks. as long as it's not taking itself too seriously and the atmosphere is fun and bouncy then i'm happy.

julian2002, Sep 26, 2006
  10. Elberoth

hifi addict

Best song of the Hifi Show

The best song for me was Apex twin I heard in the Park inn hotel in one of the syndicate rooms they were using a 20W shiny valve intergrated.

hifi addict, Sep 27, 2006
Ask a Question