Best sounding record you have

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Joolsburger, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Joolsburger

Goomer

Sorry, Uncle Ants, I hadn't noticed this before.

Yep, loved it, so moved swiftly on to the copies of 'Porgy and Bess', and a couple of the Ella songbook lp's that I bought at the same time, too. All of them, it has to be said, sound fantastic to my ears. I'm now in the market for more of this kind of thing, so any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Buy 'on Off on' by Mission of Burma if you haven't already, by the way - top notch alternative/indie/rock from the states, and if you can track a vinyl version you'll hear how lovely an all analog recording made today can sound.

How's the second system settling in?

Goomer, Oct 15, 2004
  2. Joolsburger

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Hi Goomer,

I'd love to make a recommendation, but can't really make an informed one as although its a record I own and its clearly something special soundwise - to be frank I have very little of this type of stuff. Vears dangerously close to dreaded J word :rolleyes:

Second systems not had much play to be honest as its in the top room, which is currently full of boxes awaiting our pending house move. Not bad at all though. The Thorens once I messed around with it, fiddled with the suspension etc, does a pretty good job. The Cambridge P110 amp does a workmanlike job and once we've moved I'm thinking about getting a friend to build some better cabs for the Tannoys. With acoustic stuff that doesn't go too low the Tannoys are actually a bit special (10" dual concentrics) - but go too low and the current ported cabs go a bit one note if you know what I mean - I think they need a bit more free space though. Haven't got a clue what would be involved though - I guess I'll be asking advice of fellow zerogainers when the time comes - but right now I got a house move to do.

Uncle Ants, Oct 18, 2004
Ask a Question