Beware paypal scam

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lhatkins, Sep 7, 2005.

1. lhatkins

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

I suspect lots of people are aware of this but this one is a new one on me.
    I got a email from paypal (ya right) saying "you've got cash" now considering I've not sold anything its very unlikly, and sure enough of checking the mail source the url points to
    http://www.ermacisza.ro/adokveszek/.temp/paypal.com
    Not very hard to tell that this is a scam. Have forwarded it to [email protected]
    Another type of scam I keep getting is an email saying bank transfer complated, then gives a weird account and if you think this is wrong please contact us with a link to a spoof site.
    These all come through on email accounts that I wouldn't use for such things so they stick out like a sore thumb, just wish i could send them a nice virus / worm in reply!

lhatkins, Sep 7, 2005
  2. lhatkins

rudolph hucker rude ol --cker

i have been targeted on www.hififorsale.com. with some clown saying he will have my gear ,and his cashier will make the cheque out right now .just give me your bank details ,and address he says. and then finishes with god bless. i sent him 1000 e-mails telling him to go f--k himself and his mum sucks b---k c---s

rudolph hucker, Sep 7, 2005
Ask a Question