Beyerdynamic DT531 Headphones

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by PBirkett, Feb 7, 2004.

1. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

A pair of Beyerdynamic DT531 headphones here, excellent sound quality for the price, I prefer them to all other Beyerdynamic headphones including DT770, DT880, DT931 and DT990, they have a lively, bouncy and musical sound, but are not fatiguing and whats more, they are plenty forgiving of what is used for a source and can sound good even out of standard headphone jacks.

I really do like these headphones, but since the Sony CD3000's have arrived they have seen very little use, and since I only have one head, theres little point in me keeping a hold of these.

I want £45 including Postage and Packing.

PBirkett, Feb 7, 2004
  2. PBirkett

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Hi mate,

headphones are sold to me at 45 quid.

sorry everybody.

bottleneck, Feb 7, 2004
  3. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Sold to the man with the glowing bottles. :cool:

PBirkett, Feb 7, 2004
  4. PBirkett

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Bargain!

(You're not getting mine :p )

technobear, Feb 7, 2004
  5. PBirkett

RDD Longterm Lurker

Just bought some of these myself, absolutely supurb. They have a very similar sound to the 580's but with no veil over the sound and a much more impressive solid bass, I'm totally impressed :MILD: Enough that my 580's may need to find a new home in the near future....

RDD, Feb 8, 2004
  6. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Rick, they are one of the undiscovered head-fi bargains IMO, and to think people took the piss out of me for being a little "passionate" about Hifi Choices crap review for these cans. I've only come across one person who hasnt been impressed with them so far, and yes, I think they are better than the HD580s, and I preferred them to the HD650 as well. I am a little sad to let them go really, and it has took something special to beat them to my ears...

PBirkett, Feb 8, 2004
  7. PBirkett

Hi RDD

I will be using them with the head-amp in your avatar.

Do you find them a good match?

Cheers
    Chris

bottleneck, Feb 9, 2004
  8. PBirkett

RDD Longterm Lurker

Hi Chris,

Ah you've bought an OBH21-SE then :) I find they are a very good match, giving a well balanced sound all round really, with quite tight and low bass.

There may be better amp matches for this headphone (I know there weren't many better matches for my HD580's due to being on my third amp with them) but as I've only had the 531's a few days their still improving, put it this way though, I don't think I'll be looking much further on the amp front :D

Hope that helps a little, I like the Creek but it's quite sensitive to interconnects, so try a few if you have any knocking about, see which you like the best.

Paul,

Yeah I'm really happy with them up to now, tried an a/b test last night with my 580's, definitely a much more solid bass, a touch darker/more recessed than the 580's in the mid and a much clearer treble.

On the whole I'm still impressed, especially with it giving the HD650's what for to :MILD:

Cheers,
    Rick

RDD, Feb 10, 2004
  9. PBirkett

They came today - thanks Paul!

I havent got a tape loop yet, so am using them on the PC and laptop!

The desktop doesnt sound bad, considering (considering its a cheap and nasty PC!).

Nice phones, am very happy.

Only downside is the phones cable cant reach my listening position from where the head-amp will sit.

Guess I'll have to run long interconnects to the head amp, and have the head amp nearer to me.

Thanks again
    Chris

bottleneck, Feb 10, 2004
  10. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Hi Chris,

Glad they got there in one piece ;) That was perhaps my only complaint of those cans was the cable length, which I felt was about a meter too short. You could always invest in a Grado extension cable for £25 I guess. Anyway, that little issue aside, I hope they give you years of good service...

Cheers

PBirkett, Feb 10, 2004
Ask a Question