Beyerdynamic DT531

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by westen, Dec 15, 2003.

1. westen

westen

I've just ordered a pair of the above headphones (my girlfriend is buying them for me for xmas) and I was wondering if there was a replacement cable available for them as I've heard the one it comes with is a bit flimsey. I was thinking that a thicker, better cable might step up the performance a bit more.

Cheers

Martin

westen, Dec 15, 2003
  2. westen

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Can't say I'd recommend it. I have DT531's and they are just fine with the standard cable. It's stronger than it looks.

technobear, Dec 15, 2003
  3. westen

skp574

I have a pair too. Can't say I have a problem with the cable. It's long enough without being too long, I mean for those whose headphone sockets are at the back.

I do a lot of listening through cans and am looking for a decent headphone amp as my new amp doesn't have one so would be interested in any recommendation.

I am hearing good things about the Graham Slee Solo headphone amp. Can anyone confirm?

skp574, Dec 17, 2003
Ask a Question