Bidpay(Western Union money order) and wire transfares.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rob, Nov 16, 2004.

1. rob

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

whats the ins and outs of these ways of transfaring money guys?

rob, Nov 16, 2004
  2. rob

robert_cyrus

have used bidpay once before, maybe twice.
    you buy someone a western union money transfer, it's a bit like a postal order, they receive it by post in a day or so, and can cash at a bank or western union money office.
    simple enough.

robert_cyrus, Nov 16, 2004
  3. rob

greg Its a G thing

rob,
    I presume you will not be buying via Western Union?
    I imagine you are aware, but just in case - typically international scam sales (eBay or others) involve the seller requesting payment via western union in return for items them dont own and have no intention of dispatching. Once they receive payment there is no way to get your money back.
    HTH
    Greg

greg, Nov 17, 2004
  4. rob

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

hi guys ,
    im selling and recieving money through western union from a guy in korea.
    any ideas how long it takes or is it instant?

cheers,

Rob.

rob, Nov 17, 2004
  5. rob

robert_cyrus

answers on the bidpay site.
    take note of numbers 3 and 4

1. How long does it take for me to get a confirmation email saying payment has been sent?
    If the payment was approved immediately, a confirmation email will be sent to you within minutes with information on when your payment is scheduled to be sent. However, sometimes it is necessary for us to get additional information from the buyer before we can process their transaction. In these cases, your confirmation email will be delayed until we get the necessary information from the buyer.

2. How long does it take for me to receive payment?
    Money orders sent with First Class Mail® delivery generally take 3-5 business days to arrive once you receive the "approval" email. However, sometimes they can be delayed in the post office and can take up to 10 business days to be received.

3. Can buyers use BidPay® to send payments to me if I am a seller based outside of North America?
    Yes. However, you need to make sure that you can accept a Western Union® branded money order and that you will be able to cash it. Western Union branded money orders can be cashed globally, but there may be delays and fees associated with converting U.S. dollars to your local currency.

Direct to Bank payments are only available to sellers in the U.S. who have a U.S. checking account.

Please note: Western Union Agent locations are not obligated to cash money orders. Sellers should check with their local bank to find out the availability of and fees associated with cashing a US$ money order.

4. Does BidPay payout in foreign currencies?
    BidPay currently offers a payout option for UK sellers. For a $5 USD fee (which is deducted from the total cheque amount), registered sellers can choose to have a cheque in Sterling Pounds sent to them instead of a US dollar denominated money order. At this time, we are only offering this option to sellers in the UK. We plan to add more countries in the future.

http://www.bidpay.com/getPaidFAQReceiving.asp

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2004
    robert_cyrus, Nov 17, 2004
Ask a Question