Big advert!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tenson, May 28, 2009.

1. Tenson

hifinutt

no , zanash has a point. unless you try someshing you cannot rule it out. just like the debate on nespa cd improvers or lathes .
    whoever would have thought shaving cd`s could make a difference.
    the thor is based on quantum technology and although i have never tried it , some are very happy with them .
    certainly lars is very persuasive at the last nordost demo i went to. incidentally i couldn`t tell when they were switched off or not but perhaps in an extended test it might be different

hifinutt, Jun 7, 2009
  2. Tenson

Purite Audio Purite Audio

The Nordost demonstration in Munich was a hoot, the chap did not stop smiling for the entire demo, at least 25 minutes, just try smiling non-stop for that length of time!

Purite Audio, Jun 7, 2009
  3. Tenson

The Devil IHTFP

"Unless you try something, you cannot rule it out." This is the sales mantra of the con-man.

Anyway, next time someone emails you from Nigeria, follow their instructions, and see whether the huge fortune they promise ever makes its way into your bank account.

What's quantum technology, and in what way precisely is the thor based on it?

The Devil, Jun 7, 2009
  4. Tenson

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

bottleneck, Jun 7, 2009
  5. Tenson

DavidF

The trueth is often stranger than fiction James.

As for open-mindedness.....nothing wrong with that all imo.

DavidF, Jun 8, 2009
  6. Tenson

Gag Halfrunt

I ran my quantum electrodynamic detector over the advertisement on the page. It registered 1.4nanowoos per cubic clunge, which suggests the cosmic displacement of carbonic negapositive ions in the teraflunt region. Which, as any good pseudo-scientist will tell you, is introducing a significant level of flunch in the upper-middle-lower homeopathic spectrum.

To quote Dr Neil Fox, "Now that's scientific fact... there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact."

Gag Halfrunt, Jun 8, 2009
  7. Tenson

Mescalito

Jesus, who taught you to interpret QED phenomena? 1.4nW/cl^3 is a classical manifestation of heavy foo-on interactions at the Planck scale.

Chris

Mescalito, Jun 8, 2009
  8. Tenson

Mescalito

"no , zanash has a point. unless you try something you cannot rule it out. "

Er, yes you can. For instance, were I to tell you that by pointing my para-gravitometric lubricator at an object you were about to drop from a great height, it would cause it to fall at 106.7833% greater than normal, would you try it out?

Or if an ad appeared in HiFi+ claiming that I was a 9th dan master in the ancient discipline of Kung Foo, and that by uttering certain arcane incantations I could improve the musicality of your system, would you pay me good money to try it out?

Zanash has a vested interest in promoting a mind-set that encourages the acceptance of foo-onics, in that he is a "Builder and seller of Bespoke cables and other tweaky bits."

Regards,
    Chris

Mescalito, Jun 8, 2009
  9. Tenson

Gag Halfrunt

Damn. I forgot to factor in the Higgs Bos'n. That would introduce a lot of Yarr.

Granted a significant proportion would be bad or null Yarr, but the proximity of Chelsea would create enough OK Yarr to generate heavy foo-ons, yes.

I just couldn't see it. My Tarot cards patently need a high colonic.

Gag Halfrunt, Jun 8, 2009
  10. Tenson

Mescalito

At tghat level of yarr, the higgs bos'n emits charmed foo-ons and mutates to the Higgs Midshipman!

Chris

Mescalito, Jun 9, 2009
  11. Tenson

Markus S Trade

Personally, I'm more interested in Rigg's bosom, buy hey, it takes all kinds ...

Markus S, Jun 9, 2009
  12. Tenson

felix part-time Horta

Marcus - that requires the right kind of charm.

felix, Jun 9, 2009
Ask a Question