Bits for sale: Pink Triangle, Meridian, Heybrook, Celestion

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by nat8808, Apr 1, 2012.

1. nat8808

nat8808

I've some bits and pieces I've no real need for (just not enough time!):

Meridian: 209 remote (already advertised here somewhere) £30
    MM/MC phono module for 200 series (208, 201, 207) £60

Pink Triangle: Aramid Honeycomb armboard for Rega with Brass weight: £40
    Steel armboard with lead weight for Rega (I think! - I'll check): £25

Celestion: Ditton XR15 In fantastic condition with covers: £110
    UL6s (Japanese Hifi Award winners '76 !) : £80

Heybrook: HB100 speakers in Rosewood vinyl - couple of chips and a wrinkle in the vinyl but sound great; £40
    HBS stands for the above or HB1s - nice heavy frame stands: £25

Jim Rogers: An oddity.. some speakers that were made for the Wilson Audio library in the 80s and decommissioned by O'Brian Hifi a few years ago. O'Brian Hifi (involved with Jim Rogers / Rogers in the 70s) told me they were a Jim Rogers commission for the library. I bought them from O'Brian Hifi myself.
    They use a Kef B110 SP1228 or SP1057 (need to check) and Audax tweeter and are ported. Cabinets are very much like JR Metros using MDF (then called Medite) with curved corners. The x-overs have 'Phobos' printed on them... They are powdercoated white with white covers.
    Importantly, they sound great - imaging like LS3/5as, more detailed highs (perhaps a brighter presentation overall), more bass but of course not with the special midrange (not quite anyway).
    Anyway, due to value of B110s these days, I'd sell for £160.

Some Turntables:

STD 305D : DC motored, with variable speed from 16 - 130rpm! With shabby box and mint manual. SME mounting £220

Manticore Mantra: In black with Rega mounting. Nice condition, not mint but very good. 160

CJ Walker CJ55: Great deck with the design criteria being all about natural resonances (no metalic ringing) with Tuffnel platter. I think armboard is for Hadcock (need to check). Nice condition. £120

To tack on the end:

Tannoy Mayfair T225s: Sound fantastic, single 10" Dual concentric with 10" ABR. Nice comestic cabinets with tinted glass tops that cover tone controls. Glass has a couple of edge chips but nothing too noticable. Err.. 350?

Hopefully that will clear up some space!

nat8808, Apr 1, 2012
Ask a Question