Blair, who decides

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lt Cdr Data, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Lt Cdr Data

Lt Cdr Data om

opinions opinions, they are all around us, each is entitled to his own viewpoint, each as valid as the other, all arrived to by academic surveys, evidence, personal experience,

but how do you decide what is right, if each point is valid, each ones opinion right for them, is there ONE right one, and how do you find it, for and against, you have to take some action one way, you can't please em all, damned if you do, damned if you don't,

does it all boil down to, you have to do what you believe is right, do the most for the most?

Lt Cdr Data, Mar 13, 2004
  2. Lt Cdr Data

Steven Toy

If Blair acted strictly in accordance with the dictates of his conscience he'd be more popular than he is.

Populist politicians are generally no less cynical and they are certainly no less self-serving.

Steven Toy, Mar 14, 2004
  3. Lt Cdr Data

tones compulsive cantater

I once saw a politician defined as a person who senses which way the crowd is moving, pushes his or her way to the front and shouts. It's like the old story of the US politician playing an unknown crowd, which goes something like this:

"My father was a Catholic"

(silence)

"And my mother was a Baptist"

(silence)

"My grandfather was a Presbyterian"

(silence)

"And my grandmother an Episcopalian"

(loud applause)

"...and I have always followed my grandmother."

tones, Mar 14, 2004
Ask a Question