Blimey! I'm a biker!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by technobear, Sep 15, 2004.

1. technobear

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Thanks Robert. I'll try that one. I've tried Bennetts and got £160 fully comp for the CBF500 ABS. That's a little less than I was expecting so not bad but I'll try a few others including biketeam.

technobear, Sep 16, 2004
  2. technobear

Well I had my test ride in the drizzle this afternoon. Still had fun despite the weather. My new baby is on order. I get it next Friday :cool:
    [​IMG]

technobear, Sep 17, 2004
  3. technobear

Dev Moderator

Congratulations Chris.

Dev, Sep 17, 2004
  4. technobear

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

Wise choice on the cb500 - many new bikers I know go straight for something like an R1 and find their pants are permanently stained :eek:

The cb is plenty fast enough - they even have their own race series! And you can see the engine, none of this wussy and very expensive plastic..

leonard smalls, Sep 18, 2004
  5. technobear

Oh yes. The CBF500 turns out 56 hp and is quite fast enough, as I discovered on the test ride when I went to overtake a car that was doing 50 in a 60 limit. Down into 3rd, open the throttle, say a word beginning with 'F', close the throttle a little as the car disappears in the rear view mirror, grin like a cheshire cat, decide I like this motorcycle :cool:

It's very novice friendly too. The throttle comes on gently, the power band is wide and smooth, the steering is not too sharp, it's comfortable - I could sit there for hours. Great around town. My only criticism was that the gearchange is a little clunkier than the Suzuki GS500's but I think Honda designed it that way so that it would feel positive for newbies.

On the Suzi, I often wondered if I had changed gear as there was little or no sensation at the lever. The Suzi is less of an all rounder though because of the semi-race seating position. It's fun for a while and makes you feel part of the machine but it really gives your shoulders and forearms a hard time after a couple of hours.

technobear, Sep 18, 2004
  6. technobear

penance Arrogant Cock

I rode a CBF500 for a few months (company bike), very nice. Comfy forgiving and can be fun;)

Enjoy:)

penance, Sep 18, 2004
  7. technobear

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Congratulations on the test and the new bike! Looks pretty sorted! Lots of good roads up around your way to give it a reasonable work-out too!

ilockyer, Sep 18, 2004
Ask a Question