Boards Of Canada

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Sgt Rock, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Sgt Rock

Sgt Rock

I've just brought Twoism by Boards Of Canada, does anyone else have this CD ?

I got the biggest shock when I took the thing out the case, the non printed side of the CD is black, yes I said black, I thought they had to be silver, looks like I was wrong as the CD plays fine.

They are a bit like the Future Sound Of London if anyone is interested.

Sgt Rock, Jan 12, 2004
  2. Sgt Rock

sideshowbob Trisha

I've got Geogaddi, it's not bad (lovely vinyl pressing). Minotaur Shock are in a similar vein, but a bit more interesting IMO.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Jan 12, 2004
  3. Sgt Rock

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

I've got Music has the right to children and Geogaddi, both are IMHO excellent. I guess I'll have to land a copy of this new one too....

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Sgt Rock

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I don't own any of their stuff, but have heard quite a bit and find while some of it is really good, just as much of it is very average and passive. Not sure if maybe the average stuff was all from the same album or not (mp3 stylééé), but if they've an album which if good throughout and hopefully all the poor stuff I heard was from one album?

I was listening to quite a bit of Manitoba around the same time, and found them a bit MOre interesting.

MO!, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Sgt Rock

Sgt Rock

It's not a new album, it's their 1st that only had 100 pressings on LP in 1995 it now been re-released.

Sgt Rock, Jan 12, 2004
  6. Sgt Rock

space cadet Far out...

If you like BoC you might also like...
    ISAN
    FortDax
    Kettel
    Bauri

Sideshowbob, I've got some Minotaur Shock 12"s, but even better (if they're still available) are the Pedro 12"s also on Melodic. They do minimalist, acoustic, organic sounding tunes, quite lovely.

space cadet, Jan 12, 2004
  7. Sgt Rock

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

Whilst we're on electronica has anyone tried the Finish duo Panasonic / Pan Sonic (they were forced to change the name after a while). They do really cool stuff just with electronic blips, clicks, pops and static almost totally avoiding conventional composition / 'notes' etc. It really works. I'd recommend A or Kulma for starters. I saw them play live on the roof of the RFH some years back and it was superb.

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 13, 2004
  8. Sgt Rock

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Wasn't Twoism the one that was so rare in its original vinyl pressing that it reportedly sold for upwards of £1000 secondhand? I saw in Selectadisc the other day that its been rereleased on vinyl.

Uncle Ants, Jan 13, 2004
  9. Sgt Rock

Sgt Rock

Yup the very same album.

Sgt Rock, Jan 13, 2004
Ask a Question