boo hoo

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by midlifecrisis, May 27, 2004.

1. midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis Firm member

I just trashed my Elise... hit a Nissan Micra . which was hardly dented, while the whole front of my car is now crumpled fibreglass:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

midlifecrisis, May 27, 2004
  2. midlifecrisis

julian2002 Muper Soderator

well at least it burnt out in a blaze of glory (i hope you were at least going over the speed limit) rather than faded away to overheating, random vandalism and dodgy head gaskets.
    mate of mine traded up from an elise to a bimmer m coupe (the daft looking one) and was ragging it round a roundabout, hit some diesel and became a pinball between the inner and outer kerbs. needless to say the rear of the car was a mangled wreck. he brought one of the wheesl he farked, in to work, it looked like a pretzel.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, May 27, 2004
  3. midlifecrisis

Sgt Rock

I have yet to do that to mine, sorry to hear the news :(

Sgt Rock, May 27, 2004
  4. midlifecrisis

it's reparable if a big dent in the insurers' pockets (serve them right for being so lousy on my previous, non-fault claims..) sad thing was I was probably only doing about 20 coming away from standstill at a traffic light... I suspect if I hit anything bigger than a pigeon at my normal kind of speeds I'd be permanently mixed in with the fibreglass...

5. midlifecrisis

tomson

midlifecrisis - If you ever fancy a change from your Elise I have a lovely Nissan Micra i'd consider swapping. Pretty well built from what I hear :D

tomson, May 27, 2004
  6. midlifecrisis

Slaphead Lurking less

Yuck, I hate that sick, shakey, adrenaline rush feeling I get after an accident.

Anyways sorry to hear about it and I hope the insurance claim goes well

ATB

Slaphead, May 27, 2004
  7. midlifecrisis

PBirkett VTEC Addict

How on earth did you manage to crash at that speed? You could have at least tried to write the Micra off as well :D

PBirkett, May 27, 2004
  8. midlifecrisis

I squirted past a bus going round a corner and under a bridge when the lights changed - the Micra appeared from the other side the bus, which was hiding it... and bang...... we probably only saw each other for the pace of 15 feet's travel and didn't even have time to brake.. the other guy lives there and said it was the third time it had happened to him in the same way..

I probably need to make up a sexier story to spare my blushes...

9. midlifecrisis

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Sounds like you were unlucky.

PBirkett, May 27, 2004
  10. midlifecrisis

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Well if it makes you feel better....

I crashed my Fabia vRS today, luckily only minor damage. Some asian guy decided to turn right through a queue of stationary traffic and I had no time to react as I was driving down the left hand lane at about 15 mph....

Going to need a new bumper :mad:

The guy was alright about it though, and apologised and admitted fault, so hopefully that will be ok.

Just thought I'd share the start of my weekend with you... :rolleyes:

PBirkett, May 28, 2004
  11. midlifecrisis

angi73

looking on the bright side, at least youn hit a micra and not a chieftan tank, read ford explorer or any other oversized suv....

i read in evo that it cost something like a crazy £7000 to fix the bodywork of a lotus 340R

angi73, May 29, 2004
  12. midlifecrisis

analoguekid Planet Rush

Prolyy going to aleast need new clamshell plus long fitting time, painting etc, and even more if you have bent the chassis.

How old is the car?

If a coupla years old it may be prudent to enquire about extra cost to replace any worn parts ie suspension bushes, if done at same time it could prove less expensive.

Really feel for ya, kinda takes the shine off it, may be better off selling it once repaired and buying another one as you may not feel same way about it, you'll always know it is slightly flawed and will take less care, like not polishing under sills, you won't lavish the same care and attention on it, but then again maybe you will, hope its fixed soon for ya as better weather is on it's way.

analoguekid, May 29, 2004
  13. midlifecrisis

analoguekid Planet Rush

P What difference does the guys ethnic origin have to do with it, may be should have been "some..., fu*kwit, w*nker, stupid c*nt, blind b**tard, turd breath, moron, cretin faced, arsehole...., guy decided to turn.....," said in your context could be misconstrued as racist, be careful.

Oh and for any one else a few points to remember.

Always get drivers details, even if just reg number
    Get names and telephone numbers of any witnesses
    Write down time of accident and weather and traffic conditions as they often ask for diagram.
    Police don't need to be informed if damage only to property.
    If you suspect the other driver is under the influence then call Police immediately.
    If the other party doesn't stop, then this HAS to be reported to Police within 24hrs, even if damge is minor.
    Police HAVE to be informed if there are any injuries to people (think this also includes some animals, ie farm stock)
    NEVER NEVER NEVER admit blame even if you know you are in the wrong, let the insurance companies sort it out. If it is hard to apportion blame insurance companies will often split cost between both parties, this will help with keeping future premiums down.

If you run into some one and it's your fault, wait till other party gets out of the car, he (or she) may be built like "Man Mountain Dean" and have 3 necks and he may be very angry, best to lock yourself in the car and wait for police, or drive to police staion if car is driveable

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2004
  14. midlifecrisis

lordsummit moderate mod

Not politely put but quite right

lordsummit, May 29, 2004
  15. midlifecrisis

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Ive read this about 5 times, and I have a hard time to see any racist element. Perhaps its not politically correct to mention the persons ethnicity, but this wasnt linked to any kind of derogatory adjective.

Move on folks, storm in a teacup.

:)

bottleneck, May 29, 2004
  16. midlifecrisis

analoguekid Planet Rush

Was not for one minute suggesting Pbirkets comments were said in racist manner, and also agree upon reading post that my comments were blunt, was merely pointing out that due to nature of post, that context COULD be MISCONSTUED as racist, and was mearly a mild warning to be carefull of how we phrase things.

Paul

17. midlifecrisis

wolfgang

How come the only 2 occasions when I am unfortunate enough to be involve with collision in the road the other drivers are white woman? IT is because they are woman or white?

wolfgang, May 29, 2004
  18. midlifecrisis

wolfgang

On the other hand, I believe the other drivers must really think all MAN are slow and stupid not to move out of their way quick enough. :rolleyes:

wolfgang, May 29, 2004
  19. midlifecrisis

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Its pathetic how you have to tread on eggshells these days. Amazing how someone could find offence at calling someone who IS asian, asian. I had this on another thread, and I find it UTTERLY pathetic :rolleyes:

If I'd said it was some woman crashed into me, would that make me sexist? (Probably would by that theory). Oh, and the car was a Honda, so that must mean I'm hondaist.

:rolleyes:

Please lets move on, I have no desire to have another debate on race, when there was no malice meant in my comment.

FWIW, the guy seems very keen to get this sorted outside of insurance, stating that he has a large excess, but stated that he will pay whatever it costs. I'm thinking he's either not insured, or that he expects the repair not to cost too much... I think he might be in for a shock. However, the guy has been polite and apologetic so far...

Anyway, some pics of the damage, nothing major, but still will undoubtedly be expensive....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PBirkett, May 29, 2004
  20. midlifecrisis

analoguekid Planet Rush

sorry Paul didn't mean to imply your comments were racist, I am not a bleeding heart liberalist and think, like you that PC goes a bit far, was merely pointing out that your post could be misinterpreted, by someone more zealous than myself, and expected you to take warning as bit of friendly advice, is all.

FWIW if you are under any illusions with regard to other drivers insurance then make sure you inform police and your insurance company. If you keep it to cash transaction then keeping insurers out of the equation could prove benefitial to either party, as when asked on your renewalk have you had any claims then claim you are currently making, will go against you even if not your fault. The other thing to be carefull of is your unisured losses, time off road, possible dyas off to get car sorted and not forgetting depreciation if repair turned out to be
    noticable when you resell you could possibly be offered less than your car would be worth if it had never been repaired.

Oh and if it was a women that hit you then these comments wouldn't be sexist cause women drivers ARE crap:)

Paul

Ps have same engine im my a4 estate and quite a powerplant it is, must be an absolute hoot in a smaller lighter car, and damage doesn't look so bad repair should be un-noticable.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2004
Ask a Question