Border Patrol Control Unit/Preamp

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Alex S, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Alex S

Alex S User

For sale is my BP pre. It is the last prototype before it went in to production and is impeccably built. It gave totally stable and excellent sonic results for about a year at the workshop but now that I've moved out I've returned to SS at home, hence the sale. The best environment for this amp is in a valve based system with reasonably efficient speakers. It is line only and you will need a phono stage to play records. It has line 4 inputs, a tape in and out and 2 outputs to facilitate bi-amping or a sub.

The prototype uses step-down transformers, a steel case, an on-off switch at the back instead of the front and grey knobs. Production models use something else, a copper case and shiny knobs and cost £3K: http://www.borderpatrol.co.uk/preamp.htm The valve compliment is the same: an EZ80 and a 5687. I can include a spare of each. I have checked and this amp can be fully supported by Border Patrol should any servicing need arise or should you wish to bring it up to current spec. There is no box so I would prefer pickup from Greenwich or local delivery at cost.

I am looking for about £800.

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, I approach the good people of ZG for a week before the tiresome ebay kicks in.

Alex

Alex S, Sep 13, 2008
  2. Alex S

Alex S User

Amazing give-away last-chance-before ebay opportunity: £700.

Alex S, Sep 17, 2008
Ask a Question