Boring life

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Apr 10, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Do you ever get the feeling life is just passing away? It just seems everyday is an exact copy.

I want to do somthing mad and different but will never have the courage.

amazingtrade, Apr 10, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

joel Shaman of Signals

Get on yer bike ;)

joel, Apr 10, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

sideshowbob Trisha

Take up crack smoking and cheap whores for a year or two.

And give up hi-fi forums.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Apr 10, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Go to amsterdam. Do some pot smoking, whore shagging and magic mushroom binges. It'll open your mind ;)

PBirkett, Apr 10, 2004
  5. amazingtrade

Did that last year it was great but very expensive. I shall leave the whore bit though, I could do without catching AIDs:cool:

6. amazingtrade

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

not much chance of that in dam,all the "legal" working girls are required to have regular medical checks,as for doing something diffrent how about gardening:MILD:

themadhippy, Apr 10, 2004
  7. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Get yourself an acoustic guitar and an oz.

If you want to do something then do it! **** courage, just do it and you know it'll be worth it!

Hippy's idea about gardening is a good one!

MO!, Apr 10, 2004
  8. amazingtrade

julian2002 Muper Soderator

work like a bastard for a year. save all your money - no beer, give up smokes (if you do), sell your car (if you have one) and buy an old shitter that you can insure 3rd party only, nothng expensive at all. then when you have a reasonably fat bank account, jack in your job, buy a round the world air ticket (or if you want to stick to europe only i believe they've just brought the go anywhere train ticket back for under 25's) and just **** off for a while. you should be able to find bar work, propping or other simple jobs that'll give your finances a boost every once in a while. just make sure you get off the beaten tourist track.
    take a look here for rtw air / surface tickets from a grand for 29000 miles in a year (i think)
    http://www.trailfinders.com/RTWTickets.htm

cheers

julian

julian2002, Apr 10, 2004
  9. amazingtrade

HenryT

Groundhog Day?

As they use to say in a certain kid's TV programme for my youth "Why don't you switch off your TV and do something less boring instead?". ;)

What's an oz, is that a musical instrument too? :confused:

I'm definitely with Julian on this one, save some money up and go off travellng and pick up some temp work whilst on your trip to top your funds. I'm going to check out some those links myself. ;)

You could for example spend 12 months in Oz on a "working holiday visa". That visa allows you spend up to 12 month in the country and get employed in most jobs for a maximm period of 3 months per job, so you could spend a good month or two somewhere to get to know the place without haviing to dash off too quickly if that's what takes your fancy. Varied work to keep the dosh flowing and a chance to travel so you don't get bored of the same old same old. :cool:

HenryT, Apr 10, 2004
  10. amazingtrade

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Do a ski season in a chalet. You won't regret it.

garyi, Apr 10, 2004
  11. amazingtrade

michaelab desafinado

Pink Floyd wrote a song about this: :)

One of my faves as it happens. I think everyone feels like that from time to time.

Michael.

michaelab, Apr 10, 2004
  12. amazingtrade

penance Arrogant Cock

Re: Groundhog Day?

Oz = ounce = 28.3495231 grams / hash :)
    Micheal, cracking song and one of my fav floyd tracks aswell.
    Also like Micheal said, everyone feels like this from time to time.

penance, Apr 10, 2004
  13. amazingtrade

HenryT

Oh, an ounce! :)

I was brought up on grams and kilograms, so the abbreviation oz doesn't always register with me, although lbs does.

I was never much good at fractions either at school, so the nicknames "Henry" ;) and "Louis" help out a bit in this context too. :MILD:

HenryT, Apr 10, 2004
  14. amazingtrade

julian2002 Muper Soderator

other slightly more radical suggestions...

1) date 3 women at the same time for as long as you can. if you're seriously bored invite them to the same venue at the same time.

2) have children - a bit drastic this but i can assure you that life is never boring.

3) take up some form of extreme death sport. B.A.S.E. jumping, motorway 'surfing', free climbing, urban building running etc.

4) start a feud with the local psyco family on the nearest estate.

5) take up burglary, twoc'ing or dealing as alternative carreers.

6) become a new age traveller.

7) do something self destructive to excess - heroin, alcohol, cocaine.

8) become a mad inventor

9) make this your life guide http://www.illuminated.co.uk/humour/roommate.html - modify it to workmates, parents, partner, whatever.

10) become a nazi hunter.

cheers

julian

julian2002, Apr 10, 2004
  15. amazingtrade

hehe I like some of them suggestions. Well starting the feud would be easy, how about playing Blue Monday at 1:00pm on the volume and leaving it on repeat for 24 hours!

I guess I am just so frustrated that I am not in the manchester music scene. I am going to try and setup an indie society at university next year and get some live bands in.

I got invited to the gayest of gay bars tonight but I turned the over down:D YMCA and I Feel Love dosn't really grab my attention much.

I have never done Nazi spotting but scally spottings always good fun.

16. amazingtrade

Pino Spetzberg

Every night I arrive home 7pm-ish.
    Lesbian couple across the street turn up in their 04 reg Audi A3 Ambiente ( Crystal Blue ) arrive home at 7.15pm -ish, Blue Monday pumping out of the in-car 6 CD multiplay. When they settle in the house, same again.
    Dawn is a maths teacher and Lorna is a classroom assistant, if they aren't heard to be playing Factory's finest, it is usually K.D. Lang's Constant Craving.
    How come anyone can repeatedly play the same stuff every night ? :p

Pino Spetzberg, Apr 11, 2004
  17. amazingtrade

Hex Spurt

Ian, there's probably a perfectly good indie scene already in Manchester. Why reinvent the wheel?

Wouldn't it be more exciting to be the guy who knows where all the best bands are playing, then go and see them. Here's a starter

There are so many bands I missed seeing. I'll not make the same mistake with Rush. Prague in September - here I come!! :D

Carpe Diem - seize the day!

Hex Spurt, Apr 11, 2004
  18. amazingtrade

Yeah I've got four gigs I am going to all ready so I am quite involved in seeing bands and stuff but I want to be the person who puts them on. I want to be the next Tony Wilson but I guess thats never going to happen:mad:

amazingtrade, Apr 11, 2004
  19. amazingtrade

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Amazingtrade,

This will only happen if you are prepared to take risks. Tony Wilson took big risks & some paid off, some didn't. The thing is that he tried. That's what you need to do AT.

There are a number of things that you can do.

Why not join the ENTS / Stage crew commitees at your university. Here you may be able to learn about promotion & putting on events. You may also learn about the technical side of things. These commitees will vary from uni to uni but they can give you a good start. I got into DJing via one of these commitees (Stage Services) and have never looked back. Your uni may have a sabbatical Ents officier so you may be able to stand for that if you get involved.

Another thing is to join the university magazine. Offer to write some articles or reviews & help with the running of the mag. This way you may be able to get to gigs free, meet the artists, managers & promotors, gain contacts etc.

Also you could offer to manage & promote a new/up & coming band. Here you can help guide a band from the start, getting them gigs & rehersals. You could start off doing it for free but it can lead to bigger things.

You can always look at turning your website into a Manchester music site. Start of small & build your way up. Write reviews of gigs & cds. Get interviews of local bands. You can start by writing reviews & putting them in the music section of this forum.

Form your own band is another way of doing it. If you can't play or sing, you could learn or blag your way through it. A lot of people have done it in the past.

These are few ideas to put you on the road to doing something interesting.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Apr 12, 2004
  20. amazingtrade

Thanks there is a lot of sensible advice there. The Manchester Music site is a good idea, I've done loads of stuff like that for assingments (multmedia programs etc) but never as a website.

Its too late to stand for election now as I leave uni next year but I am sure I can still get invovled some where, if not now maybe when I do my masters in a couple of years time else where.

My mate wants to form a band and has suggested that I promote it/manage it but I doubt thats going to happen.

I guess Tony Wilson also had a lot more money than I did.

amazingtrade, Apr 12, 2004
Ask a Question