Boring life

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Apr 10, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

RDD Longterm Lurker

Tony Wilson is a complete cock - OK 20 years ago but he's now trying to pass himself off as some sort of intellectual in a Steven Fry vain - unfortunately for Wilson, Steven Fry has more intelligence in his left toe that he will ever have :chair:

Do you really want to sit in front of the cameras with your glasses hanging off the end of your nose, in a typical pseudo intellect pose (which involves having your hands in a prayer position just below your chin)??!! :D

Money or not, I'd much rather be me than him!!

RDD, Apr 13, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Amazingtrade, one thing you can do that'll really brighten up your summer is get yourself a 4 day pass to the Move festival at Old Trafford cricket ground. For £85 you'll be able to see some superb bands, you'd pay that just for Morrissey, The Pixies and The Cure alone. You know it makes sense. Especially if you were thinking of shelling out to a tout for the Morrissey gig at the MEN. You should not pass up the chance to see the Pixies, at the very least!

ilockyer, Apr 13, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

hehe yeah, we are getting a day pass for the Sunday to see Morrisey, we are not going for the other days as its kind of too near home, Old Trafford cricket ground is 1.5 miles away from my house!

I've got more tickets than girl freinds at the moment, I'm seeing Blondie, Hankey Park and The Killers in May and going to seem gig on Friday if I can get in. I'll get a reputation of being John the postman:)

amazingtrade, Apr 13, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

Some of its just for show though, he plays on the arrogance because he knows it winds people up. The twat did nearly run me over once though. Rob Gretton had just as much to do with the music industry as he did but Wilson had more money so got most the credit.

5. amazingtrade

Go see the Pixies too. You know you need to. One of the most influential bands of the last few years, download some tracks and check 'em out.

ilockyer, Apr 13, 2004
  6. amazingtrade

hehe well I can just gate crash that in my back garden! I remember the New Order gig there very well, I didn't see a damn thing but I got to hear them live for free!

7. amazingtrade

In that case, chuck a blanket down on the lawn, get a fire going and get someone to sell you burgers for about £3.50 a throw and you could have the full-on festival experience in your own back garden. For added authenticity, get someone to turn a hosepipe on you from upstairs a few times in the evening! :D

ilockyer, Apr 13, 2004
  8. amazingtrade

What is the attopsmhere like at some where like Move? Will it be like a creicket match where everybody is half dead?

Or is it all standing and lively like a festival attompshere? The things is at Old Trafford there will be no tents, just all the drug dealers from Moss Side hanging outside the gates.

9. amazingtrade

The atmosphere should be good. Although the bill it as a festival it's really more of a series of stadium shows. The atmosphere should be good though. I saw Springsteen at Old Trafford last summer and it was a great place to see a show, the crowd were really into it (much more so than the two down in London) and a great time was had by all. Stadium shows can be great, there'll be a good line-up of support acts too so plenty to keep you occupied. I find often the sound is much better at outdoor shows too.

ilockyer, Apr 13, 2004
Ask a Question