Bose Acoustimass Vol Control

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by PandA3, Oct 1, 2024 at 1:43 PM.

1. PandA3

PandA3

Hi. I would appreciate some advice on whether I have gone down the wrong road with a device I’ve bought to control volume in different rooms.
    I have a pub with 2 separate bars and an outside seating area. The music system consists of a Technics Amp with A+B speaker outputs. The speakers are a Bose Acoustimass 5 system with 2 extra cube speakers for the 2 indoor bars. The outside is 2 regular 8ohm speakers. The whole set up used to work fine with one bar on circuit A and one bar on circuit B with the outdoor speaker shared with circuit A via a selector switch. The problem with the set up was it was not possible to control volume between the 3 zones. So I thought I’d be clever and bought a AV Link 2:4 speaker management box. I’ve wired the 2 speaker circuits direct from the amp to the AV Link box and then the 3 volume controlled outputs to the 3 speaker zones.
    The problem is now that the speakers only work if BOTH A+B are On at the Amp, and the quality of the sound if up high is terrible. Before I go buy anything new, I was hoping to get confirmation that what I’ve done so far is in theory correct. Or maybe the Acoustimass system isn’t compatible with volume control? Will put the wiring diagram in next post. I was considering putting the Acoustimass Between the amp and AVLink rather than after it?

PandA3, Oct 1, 2024 at 1:43 PM
Ask a Question