Bottleneck's crossover experiment

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bottleneck, Aug 1, 2010.

1. bottleneck

Markus S Trade

I'd look at the LeCleac'h XO topology, too, especially for the mid/high junction.

Markus S, Aug 5, 2010
  2. bottleneck

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Chris set the cross in the digital domain!
    Keith

Purite Audio, Aug 5, 2010
  3. bottleneck

cooky1257

cooky1257, Aug 5, 2010
  4. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Having blown about £80 on some top bass inductors, that's my next bit of fun.

I'll put up some pics and sonic comparisons when they arrive. They are being custom made for me by Mundorf right now.

So far I'm delighted with my passive crossover, the hissyness of running horns treble/mid active (for critical near-midfield listening) is a compromise too far for me at home.

I can experiment with different crossovers as time goes. Its so enjoyable right now, it does seem like a gilded lilly though.

aaah happy days :)

bottleneck, Aug 6, 2010
  5. bottleneck

RobHolt Moderator

Marvellous :D

RobHolt, Aug 6, 2010
  6. bottleneck

Rocket 88

I recently spent an evening with Bottleneck's system with a view to comparing and contrasting his 3 power amps and my own VRR 2000 (12w push/pull valve).
    Those speakers look great, dont they?!
    My focus was on the Audio Synthesis Desire as I wanted it for a PA application I'm working on.If it couldmatch my VRR for sound quality then I would have it.. It did.
    Its not my purpose to award marks for the different amps I listened to but I did enjoy the little EL34 that Bottleneck has been working on for some time. A great effort.
    Chris has been helpful and encouraging and I really appreciate his directness and knowledge of this game.
    (Besides being an excellent source of high class equipment just down the road - I've got his old Basie inmy system as well..)

Rocket 88, Aug 9, 2010
  7. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Cheers Tom

Good luck with your Vitavox system as it progresses. I'll be interested to hear the final result!

bottleneck, Aug 9, 2010
Ask a Question