Bought a new car

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Aug 9, 2007.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

yeah already told me dad about that trick :). The head gaskets tend to be very strong on the Endura engines so I would be unlucky to cook that. I am tempted to just to short the fan for now just to see if it solves the problem in traffic then buy a new switch if it does, I still can't find the damn switch though, only the electrical connector to the fan. That wire is then buried into the wiring loom.

Even if it needs a new radiator its not a big job to change them on them cars, I can;t do it myself but it won;t be more than £50 labour from my local backstreet garage.

amazingtrade, Aug 11, 2007
  2. amazingtrade

DavidF

NO, the beauty of Fords is that they are pretty straight forward.

Seems a shame if you have to junk the complete assembly though for want of the fan sensor.

"I am tempted to just to short the fan for now".....does that mean you'll ahve it running full time?

DavidF, Aug 11, 2007
  3. amazingtrade

no I meant as a test in traffic to just to see if it cures the overheating problem, it may well already be cured but have not bene suck in a jam to find out .My old Fiesta has a stuck open stat and the I have never seen the fan once it doesn't overheat.

Neighbours are probably getting pissed off, spent the entire morning fixing the rust on my mates car, then spent the afternoon fixing mine!

amazingtrade, Aug 11, 2007
  4. amazingtrade

DavidF

Not so much of a problem?

DavidF, Aug 11, 2007
  5. amazingtrade

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

If idling in a traffic jam caused the problem last time, does logic not dictate leaving it idling on the drive way?

There is a saying AT, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, and to be perfectly frank you don't seem to have the first knowledge of cars. Leave it to someone that does. Like, oh I don't know a mechanic.

garyi, Aug 11, 2007
  6. amazingtrade

My machanic checked it over today and said it was the heating control valve, but he said the rest of the engine was fine and we were very lucky to get the car for £850 as the Endura is a very simple engine and cheap to fix yet it has all the luxuries in the cabin.

The part is £40 and £20 for the labour, he said I can do it myself.

amazingtrade, Aug 21, 2007
Ask a Question