[brand names removed]

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Class A, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Class A

Class A

Im now able to offer all [brand names removed] products at discount price. They are all Uk models. The latest [deleted] sounds absolutly great.
    Please Pm me for details.
    Chee

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2004
    Class A, Nov 25, 2004
  2. Class A

michaelab desafinado

Class A, trade advertising is not allowed on this forum. I had my suspicions you were a trade for some time but the above post (which I've edited) confirms it. Buy/sell adverts from you will be deleted in the future.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 25, 2004
  3. Class A

Class A

Michael
    Sorry about that, I did not know. I m not trade, just able to pass on discounts to people.
    Sorry again.
    cheers

Class A, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Class A

michaelab desafinado

No problem. You're welcome to continue posting in the other sections.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 25, 2004
  5. Class A

Class A

Michael
    Thats abit harsh dont you think?????
    Never mind.

Class A, Nov 25, 2004
  6. Class A

michaelab desafinado

First you apologise and then you say it's a bit harsh :confused: . You are trade, and traders are not allowed to sell stuff here because it's free advertising. This section is for genuine private sellers.

You say you're not trade but I don't know how someone who is able to offer "all products" from 3 or 4 brands cannot be a trader.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 25, 2004
  7. Class A

Class A

so, if everyone sells their S/H goods on this forum, does that make them trade. Trade do sell S/h goods as well.
    I do see your point michael, but I m only trying to pass on discounts to members if they want. Im in the Mobile phone bussiness, nothing to do with Hi Fi, just knows the right contacts.

Class A, Nov 25, 2004
  8. Class A

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I think the point is there is some UK law that means traders must pay for advertising. Its why they have to pay to advertise in things like Loot and Autotrader.

Most people in this forum are just selling their own personal second hand stuff as audiphiles get through a lot of stuff very quickly.

amazingtrade, Nov 25, 2004
  9. Class A

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

what about using the hot deals section in this forum.

rob, Nov 25, 2004
  10. Class A

Class A

point taken Amazingtrade.... If I buy and sells S/H goods and advertise on this forum saying its my surplus goods, Can I get away with that?????
    I know alot of PPL ARE doing that right here right now.....

Class A, Nov 25, 2004
  11. Class A

ditton happy old soul

Class A, if I buy via you, do I get warranty etc. There's nothing wrong in being in 'trade', its just that we all want to know that 'up front'. Then its a matter of how Michael wants to play it.

Michael, do you want to have a forum where 'traders' can offer deals, or others can point to 'hot deals'? That might be the way to go on this.

ditton, Nov 25, 2004
  12. Class A

Class A

Ditton
    The answer to your question is YES.

Class A, Nov 25, 2004
  13. Class A

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

If I might suggest...

Have a forum for traders to offer goods for sale in, separate from the buy/sell forum for people to move on their own gear. Charge a small amount to advertise in that forum (perhaps a flat yearly fee?), and put that money into paying for the hosting and domain services of the site? I don't see that anyone can complain about such an arrangement.

I-S, Nov 25, 2004
  14. Class A

michaelab desafinado

The whole trader issue is something I'm still not quite sure how to resolve. I don't think there's any law that traders have to pay for advertising, it's just that a lot of places (this forum included) don't want to be taken advantage of as a place for free advertising for traders, it's meant for ligitimate private sales.

I thought about going the PFM route where trade members pay a fixed amount each year that allows them to put adverts on a special trade forum that only they have access to post to. However, it's quite tricky to determine exactly who is and isn't a trader.

Class A, if you're selling all the products from a manufacturer and are offering warranties then I can't see how you can be classed as anything other than a trader! Strictly speaking if you were to sell, say, the Sony SCD-1 in your system that would be a personal sale and allowed, even though you're a trader but that kind of distinction becomes very hard to make.

I'm sure there are other traders here "flying below the radar" so to speak but it's tricky to identify them. If you have anyone has suspicions that anyone is a trader please DON'T post their name here as that would soon get very ugly. A quiet PM to me will do and I'll see if their activity on the Buy/Sell forum is consistent with being a trader.

Until I sort out something better, the rule will remain that people I consider to be traders are not allowed to post in the Buy Sell section.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 25, 2004
  15. Class A

Class A

Michael
    I will comply with the rules that is set. I was not aware of the trade issue and I hope that there will be something in the near future for the likes of myself to advertise genuine products at discount price without the post being ripped out. I do not mind a charging fee applying to ads if Im going to make some pocket money even though I m NOT TRADE.
    Thanks

Class A, Nov 25, 2004
  16. Class A

MartinC Trainee tea boy

If you're going to be earning a commission on these sales I think that would be "trade" in most people's eyes.

MartinC, Nov 25, 2004
  17. Class A

I have never advertised my cables on here because I consider that trade. Even though I am not a trader if I buy somthing with the intention to sell on that is trade. For this reason I use ebay to sell all my cables. However if I am selling a HIFI seperate I will advertise it herer becuase it mean't I already had it in.

18. Class A

PS I think this law is that you have to state it is a trade advert and as this forum is basicaly an online publisher that law would apply here.

I know VB has a subscription facility which you can very easily add, this means you can only post in a certain subforum if you're a subsriber. In this case subsribers would be the traders. I think this would be a win win situation, Micheal gets money for hosting and we all get to know who is traders and who isn't.

19. Class A

michaelab desafinado

Yes, but it's deciding who has to pay that's the tricky bit. There are people here who are without a doubt traders but have never put anything up for sale here - should they have to pay too? My gut feeling says not.

I'll have to create some kind of unambiguous rule that will define what, for the purpose of the forum, is a trader. That way it will be fair because it won't be open to interpretation :)

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 25, 2004
  20. Class A

No you just pay to advertise people like 7V who I don't think have ever advertised directly on here (its usualy other members doing the advertising :p) shoudln't have to pay unless they want to place adverts.

I guess the tricky thing is working out if it should be pay per advert, pay a flat fee anualy or per month.

Ask a Question