Bryston 9B monoblocks X 2

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Joolsburger, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Joolsburger

Joolsburger

Excellent condition, perfect working order and around 21 years of the warranty left. Serious amps and I'm looking for serious offers.

Jools

Joolsburger, Aug 26, 2006
  2. Joolsburger

Godfather

I thought 9B is a multi (3, 4, or 5) channel amp and that the full Bryston warranty is 20 years. :confused:

Godfather, Aug 27, 2006
  3. Joolsburger

Hi Joolsburger,

I'm currently in the market for a Bryston or two depending on the model to drive a set-up of B&W Nautilus.

In your post you say they have 21 years of warranty left, although I believe the start out with 20 years, could you maybe clarify their age, condition and colour?

Could you please give me a general idea of your price expectations for each unit? to see if we are talking in the same price range.

Many Thanks

1138, Aug 30, 2006
  4. Joolsburger

Joolsburger

Sorry guys been away from the PC for a while. OK these are not mine so sorry if I've misled. They are black, 7B's not 9B's really sorry about that you were right the 9B is multichannel. 4 years old so 16 years left as the warranty is indeed 20 years. Monoblocks, immaculate condition & perfect working order. They cost £2200.00 each new so sensible offers are invited. As I understand it they are Brystons top of the range Mono's but we were a little worse for wear when I posted the original ad so my apologies for the mistakes. These sound special and will drive ANYTHING at all as far as I know. They are located near Croydon. The seller has two silver 7bs running PMC's so the sound can be demonstrated.

They could drive the B&W's without trouble.

http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/1093bryston/ for a review.

Description: Solid-state monoblock power amplifier. Class of operation: AB2. Balanced and unbalanced inputs. Rated power output: 500W continuous sinewave power into 8 ohms (27dBW), 800W continuous sinewave power into 4 ohms (26dBW). Distortion: less than 0.01%, 20Hz-20kHz at 500W, IM or THD. Rated slew rate: greater than 60V/µs, parallel mode, 120V/µs, series mode. Sensitivity: 1V for full output. Rated input impedance: 10k ohms. Rated full-power bandwidth: 1Hz-100kHz. Damping factor: over 300 at 20Hz, ref. 8 ohms.
    Dimensions: 19" W by 5.25" H by 15.5" D. Weight: 42 lbs.

Joolsburger, Aug 31, 2006
Ask a Question