Buena Vista Social Club DVD-A

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by ListeningEar, Mar 1, 2006.

1. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Found another DVD-A disc in my collection that I have no need for. Bought this in the USA so the video portion is classified as NTSC format, although in reality there is no video, purely a GUI screen showing the track listing on-screen.

This is a DVD-A set, therefore audio only.

Disc can be played as 'Advanced Resolution surround', 'Advanced Resolution stereo', and 'DVD-Video compatible Dolby Digital'.

In essence, it can only be played on a DVD player.

Very nicely packaged release; disc comes in the typical DVD-A jewel case (larger than CD audio but smaller than DVD movie case), with an additional 48 page book all inserted into a full-colour slip case.

The whole Buena Vista Social Club sound is just superb, I've played this music to people who have varrying tastes and it just simply seems to appeal to most. Real nice Cuban-Jazz sounds with Ry Cooder steering the project.

I have no need for the DVD-A set, will be replacing with a vinyl copy.

Set is in excellent condition.

£10.00

ListeningEar, Mar 1, 2006
  2. ListeningEar

ditton happy old soul

I have the dvd of the film, which is excellent, and the audio cd. I also have a dvd player that does dvd-a, so I hear you O ListeningEar. But just registering interest for now.

ditton, Mar 1, 2006
Ask a Question