bugger

Discussion in 'General Music' started by johnhunt, Sep 23, 2003.

1. johnhunt

johnhunt recidivist

I recieved the new(ish) radiohead on LP. seems to want to spin at 45 something my aging LP12 is loathed to do. back it goes

johnhunt, Sep 23, 2003
  2. johnhunt

sideshowbob Trisha

It's pretty poor, TBH John. You're not missing much.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Sep 23, 2003
  3. johnhunt

voodoo OdD

nice to know I'm not the only who thought that :) .

Some good/decent tracks but overall a bit stagnant.

voodoo, Sep 23, 2003
  4. johnhunt

julian2002 Muper Soderator

my god guys, it's radiohead, only beaten in the maudlin, self indulgent overhyped tw@t stakes by morrissey and the flaming lips.
    uh - oh the men in white coats and cattle prods are approaching i must fleeeeeeeeeeee....

cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 23, 2003
  5. johnhunt

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

i see vivante records have the entire radio head collection, i think its in special offers.i dont mind radiohead but i couldent eat a whole one.

rob, Sep 24, 2003
  6. johnhunt

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

There's one BIG advantage to Radiohead - the Super Furries at Glasters had a much more intimate audience due to all the mob going to Radiohead's set ;) Made for a nice end to a very musical (and by this point very surreal) day...

The packaging of the (shock horror gasp) CD (the special edition one) is really cool though - and the music's not too bad. I still prefer Pablo Honey to anything else they've done though - although Street Spirit and Lucky are 2 of the best tracks of the 90s...

domfjbrown, Sep 25, 2003
  7. johnhunt

The Devil IHTFP

I really liked The Bends & OK Computer, but Kid A and Amnesiac totally put me off them, to the point where I've gone off their earlier stuff now. Whiney miserable Thom Yorke needs a cuff round the ear.

The Devil, Sep 25, 2003
  8. johnhunt

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Ditto - self indulgent, pants avante garde unlistenable crap... Sorry, I don't get freeform jazz either - it's all noise...

You should try to get back into the earlier stuff though - it's far better :)

domfjbrown, Sep 25, 2003
  9. johnhunt

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Hail To The Thief is indeed a dreadful album. Kid A was pretty good, but since then they've been on a downhill slope.

The first 2 albums were the best, although they were very good live on the OK Computer tour, they were still outshone by the support act, Laika. Which reminds me, you listened to those albums yet Dom? Still can't believe the crowd Radiohead drew, there was next to no-one seeing John Cale or Los Lobos, why did those two have to clash? Bloody festivals and their timing plans.

Morrissey may sound, and often be, miserable, but at least there's some humour in there.

ilockyer, Sep 25, 2003
  10. johnhunt

MO! MOnkey`ead!

erm........ I quite like it :eek:

In fact, I don't thin they've done a BAD album!!! Pablo is good for nostalgia, but is probably the least to my liking! They're one of the few "indie" bands I still anticipate new releases from.

The MOre experimental the better :D

MO!, Oct 2, 2003
Ask a Question