Building Custom Audio Equipment

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ConnorAzul, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ConnorAzul

ConnorAzul

i want to build my own audio equipment, at least i would like to make simple analogue rack units for my studio like preamps, compression and limiting units, EQ and Mastering ext.

these analogue designs are actually quite easy but the problem I'm having is finding places to buy parts. i need things like circuit boards (that can mount into permanent slots), tubes resistors and other electronic components.

the thing that i think is going to be the most difficult to find is empty rack units, ones which i can weld rails into and mount my circuits, ill need to be able to design custom faceplates for my knob and port configurations but how in the devil am i going to find all that? after months of trolling libraries and the internet i've only found bits and pieces, whispers and rumors, and nothing more.

if there is anyone out there who builds their own equipment, wants to or knows someone who does, i'd appreciate the heads up. i have no idea were else to look but i know its out there and i need some advise on how to find it.

ConnorAzul, Apr 19, 2012
Ask a Question