bush mtt1 help

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ganglord, Dec 12, 2008.

1. ganglord

ganglord

please help!
    i managed to purchase a bush mtt1 after reading positive reviews about it. the only thing is i thought my hifi had the necessary connections, phono or aux but it hasn't! the only available connections my hifi has is headphone and a portable music port. is there anyway round this or do i need to look to purchase a new hifi?

ganglord, Dec 12, 2008
  2. ganglord

lbr monkey boy

Your music port is an auxiliary input. You need a cable with a stereo 3.5mm jack (it will have 2 black lines) at one end (to go into the music port) and stereo rca at the other (to connect to the Bush). It should look like this:

[​IMG]

lbr, Dec 13, 2008
  3. ganglord

ganglord

thanks for your reply but i dont understand the picture as the bush mtt1 has a red and white cable running from it. how would i connect these to the cable you mention?
    thanks again :confused:

ganglord, Dec 13, 2008
  4. ganglord

D Louth 77

Hi

You will need to go to Maplins and buy 2 rca to rca couplers. The plugs on the cables coming from the Bush will connect into the couplers and the other cable will plug into the free end of the couplers. You then plug mini jack into your hi-fi. If the Bush is a Turntable/Record Player does it have a built in phono/riaa stage. This boosts the very low output of a cartridge to line level(suits the input on your hi-fi). If it hasn't got that then you will need to buy a phono stage. A Project phono box at £ 60 will do the job quite well. You will not need the couplers then as this has rca in and out,allowing you to use the rca to mini jack cable to connect to your hi-fi via the out on the phono stage.

Regards D Louth 77 :)

D Louth 77, Dec 13, 2008
  5. ganglord

lbr monkey boy

This is good news - your Bush does have the phono stage built in, so all you need is one of these to connect to your hifi

[​IMG]

Go to eBay, search "rca mini jack" and there are loads there for under £2. Enjoy your hifi.

lbr, Dec 13, 2008
  6. ganglord

ganglord

thanks for the fantastic help given! much appreciated
    ganglord

ganglord, Dec 13, 2008
  7. ganglord

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

I have a large bag of these adapters. PM me and you can have one for the price of postage.

Uncle Ants, Dec 13, 2008
Ask a Question