buying from usa part 2

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by adam, Sep 9, 2003.

1. adam

adam

Well,as i said i bought 2 shunyata power cords from the states and was awaiting the outcome of whether i would need to import them and pay taxes on them.

Tonight they arrived brought directly to my door by the post office,no import duties or tax,so smiles all around.The cost of posting 2 big power cords was 28$.

adam, Sep 9, 2003
  2. adam

HenryT

Hi Adam,

Which Shunyata's did you get?

I guess you had your leads shipped via USPS (the US equivalent of the post office)? USPS is certainly the cheapest option, cheaper than courier or UPS say, if not the always the fastest. I also understand that USPS are a bit less fussy about customs paper work than say UPS. But there is still customs paperwork to fill in, so did you have your leads sent to you as a "Gift"?

HenryT, Sep 9, 2003
  3. adam

adam

Just to add,I've just added the shunyata to the transport and DAC the kimber i had has gone on the amp,the difference in construction between the 2 is like babes to men.

I must add i was seriously sceptic on power kords as i wasn't impressed by the kimber,so i wasn't expecting much.

Sorry to say but merlin is so right,these cables are something else im gobsmacked at the power thats getting through,and mine are alot lower in the range to his,but these babes are proving some real serious sounds,shame about the room.

Looking forward to next week,when my Audioquest diamonds ICs(AQ top of the range cable from 96)arrive fitted with some eichmen silver bullet plugs.

God i'm getting some good sounds at the mo:D

adam, Sep 9, 2003
  4. adam

adam

Hi henry,

Firstly i got the sidewinders,they are $280 new and i got 2 for $200,which is great.Paying the guy was hassle though!!!

Yes it came through usps,in only 4 working days,yes there was paperwork that has been filled in,which is clearly visible,for the exact amount i paid,and also Henry it was not specified as a gift,so nice suprise.

adam, Sep 9, 2003
Ask a Question