C.E.C. 3300R hifi cd player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by blackthorne77, Jul 23, 2007.

1. blackthorne77

blackthorne77

Hello everyone,

Right now my audio setup is as follows: Toshiba SD-4900 to Phase Linear Preamp To Carver M-400 POWER Amp to my Klipsch RF-62's. I was wondering how good the DAC was in my toshiba and if the C.E.C. 3300R was better? And do you think there would be a considerable difference in sound if i upgraded to the C.E.C. 3300R instead of the toshiba?

blackthorne77, Jul 23, 2007
  2. blackthorne77

anubisgrau

it's a shame nobody seems to have an experience with C.E.C., i'm really curious too, although about a better one - 51XR or whatever is the latest version (i'm constantly being confused with XR or XL).... belt driven, solidly built, an interesting designer and rather cheap for what they apparently deliver.

anubisgrau, Jul 24, 2007
  3. blackthorne77

blackthorne77

Maybe thats why they are such a good deal. There is no premium for the name yet and they are trying to build a customer following. I just got some real nice(in my ears anyway) Klipsch RF-62's and i wondered if my cd player was a good enough source so i was debating upgrading. Just curious, what makes the belt driven models better?

blackthorne77, Jul 25, 2007
  4. blackthorne77

Ken

I have an old CEC 5100 CD Transport.

Todate it give me the best CD sound I have heard. I have previously owned Krell KPS 30, Wadia, Musical Fidelity and Sony.

My CEC has been coupled with a NOS Dac until this month now it is coupled with an Audio Note DAC 3.

I do not know if it is common knowledge, but (to me) CEC is like Lexus is to Toyota or Infinity is to Nissan, or Esoteric is to Teac. CEC is a premium brand made by Sanyo Optronics top technicians.

Ken

Ken, Jul 25, 2007
  5. blackthorne77

blackthorne77

Ken, where did you buy your cec at? I have a hard time finding any stores that sell it and the one good price was at audiocubes2.com which sounds like a grey market dealer.

blackthorne77, Jul 25, 2007
  6. blackthorne77

ADPully

ADPully, Jul 25, 2007
  7. blackthorne77

Effem Cable manufacturer

Up until recently I had a CEC TL-5100X transport which was a good machine. Changed it to a Stello transport and that is far superior. The Stello integrated players are rather special too.

Shadow Audio are the official CEC importers in the UK

http://www.shadowaudio.co.uk/

Effem, Jul 25, 2007
  8. blackthorne77

Ken

I bought mine second hand from a dealer in Sydney.

Ken

Ken, Jul 26, 2007
  9. blackthorne77

blackthorne77

Any dealers in the us? or canada?

I live in the USA so i would need the proper voltage changed for non-japan, non-european, but us voltages. I know of one us dealer but the 3300R is $790 there, which it should be about $700. However that unit is changed to be used in the us without using a stupid in wall voltage converter.

blackthorne77, Jul 26, 2007
Ask a Question