Cable argument 2007 round xxx

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zanash

Stereo Mic

Nor did I sorry.

He actually repeated the claim (without the modification you say he intended), rather that retract it.

If he corrects it to something actually believable then no problem.

Stereo Mic, Sep 3, 2007
  2. zanash

Listener

So....

What was the Diy fest 2007 like then?

Steven.

Listener, Sep 4, 2007
  3. zanash

melorib Lowrider

Where in your arguments is the prove, or even the conviction that Zanash cables couldnt have changed the sound of that particular system in that particular room... :confused:

Do I need to know how a TV works to appretiate its image quality, and to mention that in this forum... :SLEEP:

melorib, Sep 4, 2007
  4. zanash

zanash

It was damn fine event .....

shame about certain members here trying to make something of nothing ....or trying to cause trouble again. I've never pretended that my english is perfect ...for all the detractor know it may not be my first language ....isn't it odd though the only people wanting to make an issue of it are the same ones that have followed me onto other forums .....not to mention the insulting comments.

As a trader [from Aug 4th 07]I can't now talk about my own products ie to defend my corner ....so I'm afraid its a bit of an open goal for the wallies .....

Well said melorib.....

zanash, Sep 4, 2007
  5. zanash

Stereo Mic

Antonio,

please stop trying to cause trouble posting about subjects you don't understand.

Go and do some research on standing waves and come back.

Zanash,

You will have to do better than petty insults. Let's open it out to any cables, not just your very expensive ones. How do cables tame room modes? What can you offer to support your statement? Or are you prepared to retract and accept that it's complete rubbish?

The two of you together are quite something. Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Stereo Mic, Sep 4, 2007
  6. zanash

RobHolt Moderator

Ok Pete, as a trader why not open the discussion out to cables in general - no need to mention yours if that breaches the AUP.

Given normal source and load impedances, say 50R and 20K respectively, please tell me how one meter of interconnect will sound different to another, or produce any measurable difference at anywhere near audio frequencies.
    If you can link to any evidence that interconnects that do not posses extreme values of LCR have any measurable effect please post it.

RobHolt, Sep 4, 2007
  7. zanash

ShinOBIWAN

Hi Dev,

ZG members were very thin on the ground, only me and Pete really. Virtually everyone there was a DIYAudio member so most of the opinions and discussion has happened over there.

This link will take you to the start of the after event talk and also has a few pictures thrown in as well.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1265714#post1265714

It was a great weekend that I think everyone thoroughly enjoyed.

ShinOBIWAN, Sep 4, 2007
  8. zanash

melorib Lowrider

You said you understand that different cables sound different, and even why they do, still you go on acusing people of ignobil behaviour when they say exactly that...

That is mentally hill paranoid behaviour, I am not calling you names, just qualifying your behaviour, as you do mine and others...

melorib, Sep 4, 2007
  9. zanash

sideshowbob Trisha

That's very unfair. If Antonio was only allowed to post about things he understood, he'd never be able to post about anything at all.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Sep 4, 2007
  10. zanash

melorib Lowrider

Is that why you rarely post... :confused:

melorib, Sep 4, 2007
  11. zanash

RobHolt Moderator

He did indeed say that - it's the 'why they do' part of the statement that's important and where reality parts company with magic.

LC&R will determine cable sound but only where these aspects interact with the source and load sufficiently to effect audio frequencies.

This hardly ever happens in practice unless truly extreme cable topology is used and/or you have a very high source impedance or low load impedance.

It really is very simple to gasp. Once you grasp a few basics you need never spend more than *£20 for a cable.

* You can actually do it for a fiver, but I prefer to use good quality Neutrik Profi connectors for reasons of reliability and protection from connection thumps due to the sprung ground pin.

RobHolt, Sep 4, 2007
  12. zanash

melorib Lowrider

And what leads you to believe that this is not the case... :confused:

melorib, Sep 4, 2007
  13. zanash

RobHolt Moderator

The fact that nobody will post any flippin facts or specifications to back up their claims.

Go on then, lets have the specs of the wire and kit in question.

RobHolt, Sep 4, 2007
  14. zanash

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Rob Hi, if you made up two cables ,same plugs, topography, dielectric ,insulation sheath etc. The two conductors were the same guage wire ,but were different materials copper and silver say ,would there still be a difference in their LCR values because of the actual conductor?

Purite Audio, Sep 4, 2007
  15. zanash

melorib Lowrider

LCR values are important, but so are length, cable topology, how many wires, twisted or not, coaxial, and of course insulation...

Not to mention plugs and quality of contacts...

Edit: Oops, repetition... :eek:

melorib, Sep 4, 2007
  16. zanash

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

would those changes not simply effect the LCR?

bottleneck, Sep 4, 2007
  17. zanash

RobHolt Moderator

Yes there would, but the difference between copper and silver is insignificant - sightly lower loop resistance with silver - and I mean slightly.

You must always relate cable LCR to the source and load conditions if you do ever hear a cable difference - the answer is always there IMO.

RobHolt, Sep 4, 2007
  18. zanash

RobHolt Moderator

Exactly Chris.

RobHolt, Sep 4, 2007
  19. zanash

zanash

yes

done it .....it was one of my very first experiments about 20 years ago ......

you don't need fancy cable specification or test gear to hear the difference either..just ears. If it sounds good your doing it right if it sounds bad your not..period

zanash, Sep 4, 2007
  20. zanash

zanash

I would like you need to change the thread title back to the original one please........

zanash, Sep 4, 2007
Ask a Question