Cable argument 2007 round xxx

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zanash

Stereo Mic

No one is arguing for active EQ if you would like to read the previous posts Cooky. Although it is worth pointing out that pretty much any main studio monitor by Tannoy, B&W, ATC and others will be EQ'ed in situ. This is perfectly normal - it's only in the homes of audio morons that these speakers are left to destroy the incoming signal by interacting with the living room. I presume you are unaware of the tie up between Tannoy and TC Electronics? Or of the BBC and TC Electronics. You might want to gen up on that. ;)

No idea what you mean by this tirade - can only assume the missus told you you looked fat this morning or something.

If I dogmatically followed any process, I would own a full Naim system and would be ignorant. The fact is I have tried these things. The fact is I have learnt from the experience. And I'm happy to share in the hope that it saves some people wasting their time with imaginary upgrades and it eases their path to great sound. The sad thing is there's always a few muppets who get aggressive simply because they don't understand. It would make far more sense to question than to insult, but then I would imagine the IQ required to understand that is beyond some ;)

Stereo Mic, Sep 5, 2007
  2. zanash

shrink

i have two words to respond to that.

HA HA

you are a complete joke mate, really you are. If four people can sit with their eyes closed and identify flawlessly the digital cable being used, with no prompting, then i would say YES, that does mean the differences are REAL. Or are you implying some form of cable based telepathic communicational bias.

Its all very well saying that 1 was different to 2, and 2 was different to 3. But in a situation where when asked, someone could say, "yeah, we're listening to cable 3" then im afraid that shows direct audible results.

I would suggest you gather round with a few of your "friends" (assuming you have any, which with your tone of voice and lack of any social grace at all, I would assume you don't) and try out the test, see if you can do likewise. If not, i would suggest your hearing needs checked, and that you may consider a change of hobbies.

shrink, Sep 5, 2007
  3. zanash

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

I wonder if the mods consider whether this thread is outside the AUP yet. Its certainly one of the sorriest threads I've seen here for sometime. The lack of respect shown by some of the posters here can only put existing members off posting anything here and would certainly put potential new members off joining. Frankly its a disgrace and it brings the entire forum into disrepute.

When a thread descends into a slanging match over members marital status and IQ, it really is time to finish.

Uncle Ants, Sep 5, 2007
  4. zanash

shrink

No need for that really is there!!!

Well your half way there then arent you

shrink, Sep 5, 2007
  5. zanash

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

yes, agree the arguements have run their course.

time for the bin. Just going to lock the thread up now..

bottleneck, Sep 5, 2007
  6. zanash

Dev Moderator

Agreed. I don't see any point in allowing it to continue. Will lock it now.

Dev, Sep 5, 2007
  7. zanash

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

yup, well and truly locked now, with a lock, and an extra lock.

Chubb couldn't open it now! :p

bottleneck, Sep 5, 2007
Ask a Question