Cables again

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Cloth-Ears, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Cloth-Ears

banpe2006

Yes Don, hope I didnt offend, was only playing up, hence the comment above my avatar....purchased a welborne labs battery powered pre....2 x ecc86 valves with some spares.. Superb! it was from JJ (mainly on wam) I listened to a few, but stumbled on this by chance really. i was about to buy a power amp, when he suggested I try his pre....it only has 3 inputs, but really is quite good...Have a look at the welborne site....its the ultrapath model. www.welbornelabs.com For the price it really is miles better than many ive heard...clean and musical, perhaps a little bright...Ill buy some expensive cables to sort this though :)

banpe2006, Mar 16, 2008
  2. Cloth-Ears

RobHolt Moderator

David, you naughty boy.

Wassat wire then?

RobHolt, Mar 16, 2008
  3. Cloth-Ears

Parkandbike

Andy

Still happy with the MF, but tempted by valves for the main amp. Nevertheless, always happy to learn and will take a look.

If you want to use cables to tame brightness, I've some Cardas neutral refs which I could sell you for a lot of money (assuming that would make them sound better:))

regards

Don

Parkandbike, Mar 16, 2008
Ask a Question