Cables for Living Voice

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Nomoretweaks, May 3, 2010.

1. Nomoretweaks

Nomoretweaks Tourist on tilt

I have Lavardin IT - OBX-RW combo now and need 2x6m + 2x1m bi-wired speaker cables.

Kondo is an obvious choice, but I still have a mortgage, so with these lengths anything like it is way out of the equation.

On the other end of the spectrum is DNM Reson which I am enyjoying at the moment. Good cable but it has its limitations.

Hitachi is a popular choice, but it is not available any more, I am unable to find it anyway.

I need something up to £2,000 max, which would give me some obvious upgrade in this particular system. Any ideas?

So what else do Lav-LV owners use? Do you know cables that are similar design to Kondo?

Many thanks, gentlemen.

Yes, and it should be strong enough so I could hang myself if Spurs finish third.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010
    Nomoretweaks, May 3, 2010
  2. Nomoretweaks

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Piping in simply because I saw second hand living voice cables on kevins own definitive audio 'used' website. check it out, might be what you want.

bottleneck, May 3, 2010
  3. Nomoretweaks

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

I use Goertz cable with my Living Voice speakers. The Townsheand cable is the same as Goertz but in black sleeving plus has a zobel network included.

Goertz cable has very low inductance and high capacitance so it can be unstable with amps that don't have zobel networks. (old naim, old exposure amps).

You can get Goertz from the USA. If you fancy trying some, Definitive Audio may or used to sell something similar. The did Electrofludics cabel which is the same sort of stuff and I do notice that they have some Living Voice flat copper ribbon cable in their 2nd hand section.

Always try before you buy if you can.

SCIDB

SCIDB, May 3, 2010
  4. Nomoretweaks

Goertz/Townshend/Electrofluidics - any of those will kill my amp. High capacitance cables are a definite no no with Lavardin amps.

5. Nomoretweaks

thanks bottleneck, I have seen those, 5 m pair, if that's what you mean - too short, unfortunately.

6. Nomoretweaks

RobHolt Moderator

Canare 4S11.

As good as anyone needs and you'll have enough change for a really good holiday.

RobHolt, May 3, 2010
  7. Nomoretweaks

Papa Lazarou

I use Kondo KSL-SPc with my LVs. I'm sure Kevin could sell you some well within budget, it's far cheaper than the silver stuff. He may even lend you some to try first if you ask.

Papa Lazarou, May 20, 2010
  8. Nomoretweaks

Colin2040

Hitachi is available in the UK if I remember tonight I will paste the link.

Colin2040, May 20, 2010
  9. Nomoretweaks

Colin2040

Colin2040, May 20, 2010
  10. Nomoretweaks

Thanks Colin, but I talked to them not long ago and they said it was out of stock and out of production. And they doubted if I could find long runs, the longest they had sold they said was 5m
    Thanks Papa, I will give Kevin a call..

Nomoretweaks, May 21, 2010
  11. Nomoretweaks

Colin2040

Its always the same I cleared out about 4 or 5 lengths about 2 months ago.Probably two runs at 8m and the rest at 4.5/5. ad been in my cupboard for years. It still seems popular by those that have used it in the past it was K Scott that first sold it to me.

Colin2040, May 22, 2010
Ask a Question