CAL Alpha, tube DAC bargain

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by badchamp, Sep 8, 2006.

1. badchamp

badchamp Thermionic Member

Rare opportunity to acquire an original UK voltage model of this highly acclaimed tube output DAC.

Absolutely mint condition, approx 1 year old, relatively light use.

The Sigma (model below this one) saw off - in the minds of many- a Chord DAC 64 at bake-off a while back. Having gone from a DAC 64 to this myself, I can attest to the fact that although the DAC 64 might arguably do more "hi fi", the Alpha does waaay more music in a natural, fluid, more listenable way.

Superb open, musical performance only selling due to upgrade.

Rare opportunity to acquire an original UK voltage model of this highly acclaimed tube output DAC.

Absolutely mint condition, approx 1 year old, relatively light use.

The Sigma (model below this one) saw off - in the minds of many- a Chord DAC 64 at bake-off a while back. Having gone from a DAC 64 to this myself, I can attest to the fact that although the DAC 64 might arguably do more "hi fi", the Alpha does waaay more music in a natural, fluid, more listenable way.

Superb open, musical performance only selling due to upgrade.

Complete with a small collection of alternative 12ax7 valves for your tube rolling amusement!

Extremely positive feedback at http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/cali...22_2738crx.aspx

Retail £1400 selling for £550

Cheers

Jeff

badchamp, Sep 8, 2006
Ask a Question